Cicero, Illinois

Update by user Jun 21, 2013

My health code states that a public establishment must provide a public restroom.

Original review posted by user Jun 19, 2013

This is from whit I posted on walgreens facebook page. I tried to send them a privet email with no response:

I HAD TO USE THE BATHROOM AT CHARLES STREET & 20TH STREET IN ROCKFORD, ILLINOIS. IASKED AN EMPLOYEE. THEY TOLD I HAD TO FIND A MANGER AND ASK THEM. FOUND A MANGER. THEY TOLD ME THAT THE RESTROOM WAS FOR EMPLOYEES ONLY. I ASKED IF THEY WANTED ME TO GO IN THE PARKING LOT. I WAS TOLD IF IDID THEY WOULD CALL THE POLICE. THEN I WAS TOLD TO EXIT THE STORE AND WALKED TO THE DOOR. HOW RUDE ! ! ! I WILL NOT BE BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walgreens Hi @ Stephen Abrahamson. I am sorry that this happened and I completely understand your concerns. Case 4480309 document your concern. If you would like a response from management, please private message me contact information, either an email or phone number. Have a great day and be well.

Like · Reply · 40 minutes ago..

Stephen Abrahamson Hi, I don' t know what more i can tell you. I felt That I was treated rudely . and feel very unwelcome ! I have not been back your stores yet. I am afraid to go to your store # 3322 In Rockford, IL for r fear they will call the police on me.

Like · Reply · 4 hours ago via ..

Lynsey Betz sounds like you were pretty rude.

Like · Reply · 2 · June 9 at 12:15am..

Stephen Abrahamson HOW BY ASKING TO USE THE PUBLIC RESTROOM ? IT WAS NOT MY JOB TO TRACK DOWN AN MANGER. THE CLERK SHULD HAVE CALLED ONE FOR ME.

Like · June 9 at 6:00am.

Walgreens Hi @ Stephen Abrahamson. I'm so sorry that happened and I completely understand your concerns. Please Private Message me so that I can get more details to address your concerns. Thank you and be well.

Comments

I have worked for many different Walgreen's stores and some have public restrooms and some don't, especially if it is a high theft district. The only Walgreen's stores that require them to be unlocked are the ones that have Take Care Clinics.

Seattle, Washington, United States #673195

Nobody gives a *** that you nearly made a whoopsie on yourself. In the adult world, people expect you to be smarter.

Lostcontrol
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #669163

Don't know about where you live, but in Canada, a place only needs to have washrooms if they sell food for consumption on the premises (basically, if they are a restaurant). Some place like Walgreens, unless they have a restaurant, doesn't need to make bathrooms available to the public.

58stevea
Rockford, Illinois, United States #667418

Didn't your mom teach you to go before you leave the house?

sessa
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States #666742

You are completely in the wrong. Your entitled attitude is ridiculous.

You clearly have no clue about the liability issues retail stores can face by letting customers use the PRIVATE EMPLOYEE RESTROOMS. There are not required to have bathrooms available to the public and certainly not required to let you use their bathrooms.

Grow up and get a clue. You sound as if you behaved quite rudely.

to sessa Rockford, Illinois, United States #666795

Maybe you should know the health department code, with clearly states t6hat a retail establishment must provide a restroom for its customers.

I have also checked with Walgreens which told me that restrooms are open to everyone.

so get your facts right before you speak.

to Anonymous Venice, Florida, United States #667383

A retail store must have handicap access restrooms if they have public restrooms. They are not required to offer a restroom at all.