London, England

Well call me crazy but I asked the pharmacists at North Wales, PA Wallgreens for some drug advice. I politely asked the woman who did the prescriptions pickup as the pharmacists were avoiding eye contact.

She spoke to the pharmacists who would not address me directly (they were right in front of me by the way). They told her that they can't give me any advice. It was bizarre. I thought maybe they'd misunderstood so asked again a different way, but got same exact response.

The store was pretty much empty, and frankly even if they were mad busy, I got the impression they were just not interested. I think this is totally unacceptable for a pharmacy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pharmacist.

Comments

my response had everything to do with your post! you had mentioned that the pharmacist denied giving you any advice!

i said that the only case in which a pharmacist cannot legally provide medical advice is when that advice concerns a child under the age of two. in any other case a pharmacist should be able to provide advice unless it is a new product (over the counter) or something they have never heard of or arent familiar with in that case they should explain to you why they cant provide any advice and refere you to someone who can or another source! in anycase we have alot of sources and many medications and conditions are accessable through our systems where we can then gather information we are unsure of!

if they were to busy to look it up then they should have gotten your number and called you back when they had the chance! and i signed in as one person not two not sure who copied my post!

symingtonian

LOL what a random reply from 1 person obviously signed in as 2, not sure what it had to do with my post! Anyway pharmacists usually speak directly to customers unless they have a social disorder (in which case it was a bad career choice! :grin )

well if the drug advice concerned a child then the pharmacist can not give advice u must consult your pediatrician that is the only situation that i can think of in which they would deny giving advice :

well if the drug advice concerned a child under the age of two then the pharmacist can not give advice u must consult your pediatrician that is the only situation that i can think of in which they would deny giving advice