Fort Pierce, Florida

I just moved here from Texas for health reasons. I have leukemia, permanent spinal stenosis, I just had 3 disc in my neck replaced with plastic and screws, ruptured disc in lower back, degenerative disc disease, osteo arthritis, and PTSD!

I have 40 swollen lymph nodes that constantly irritate my nerves causing a constant burning electricity shooting down my arms and between shoulder blades. I need permanent pain management. My new doctor here with National Pain Institute continued my pain meds and gave me 2 prescriptions. I took to Walgreens at Midway and US1, and pharmacist confirmed they had pain meds, then asked for my drivers license, it was Texas, she told me I needed to get Florida license to get my meds, so I did that as I need to and went back next day and a different male pharmacist told me my doctor shouldn't be giving me that and asked my private medical history so I told him, and then he said I need to be using pain patch instead.

He told me that I don't meet requirements for pain meds and refused to fill. I called my doctor whom called the pharmacist then called me back and said I could pick up after 4:30pm. I arrived at 5 and he gave me back my prescriptions and said he won't fill it. I am now going on my 2nd day without my meds that allow me to function again in pain.

My feet are freezing cold and I'm being electrocuted by my own body.

When pharmacist are allowed to practice medicine and override medical doctors a severe decline in medical care will result. It is against the law for a pharmacist to practice medicine.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pharmacist.

Reason of review: Patient neglect.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

• Walgreens ethical violation
  • Patient Right Violations

Comments

MattD78

It is against the law for them to practice medicine, unfortunately it is not against the law for them to deny you a prescription.