Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

I served in the military for 20 years and I am retired. Part of the retirement package is Tricare For Life, which is my medical insurance.

Last Saturday I was very sick and was taken to the emergency room at the local hospital. At 1:30am the doctor gave me three prescriptions. Because I live in a rural part of South Carolina there are only two 24 hour pharmacies. The CVS computers were down so I had to drive 20 miles to the Walgreens on the other side of the county.

There were several people in the Walgreens and when it was my turn the pharmacist informed me that Walgreens doesn't accept Tricare. Talk about upset.

Walgreens doesn't accept military health insurance?

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Walgreens. The most disappointing about walgreens prescription refill at Walgreens was company policy, loss of time and lack of professionalism Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Walgreens.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pharmacy category for more informed decision or compare Walgreens to other companies on our site.

Comments

LadyScot

If they said they do not, then they do not. Not all hospitals, doctor's offices or pharmacies do.

Tricare, like any other insurance, gives you locations that DO accept the insurance. Why did you not check before you drove over there?