2.6
Prescription Services

Tom Taylor, who replaced a very intelligent Paul Ray, changed customer service policies to be ruder, and shorter with customers. He also hired fewer employees than we needed to "save money", both not the sales floor and in the pharmacy. He is directly responsible for the long wait times in the pharmacies. Tom Taylor also removed all the good photo equipment, and replaced it with "dry labs" (basically, inkjet machines) because his policies got so many well-trained employees to quit, it was impossible to maintain the "wet" labs. Now, all Walgreens in the Hampton Roads area print low-quality photos for the same price.

He has gotten some managers to push employees to to more work than is possible, or punish them. Several of my old coworkers (we were a team for years) were even told that they were lazy by the new managers. All my old coworkers have literally quit within the last few months. All I see when I walk into the store I worked in for the last five years are young, unfamiliar faces.

I wrote a letter to this new district manager several months ago about his policies, and why they don't work, and he made them more stringent instead. He won't listen to feedback from the floor managers or store managers. He won't even listen to the exit interviews (some of which speak for themselves). He needs to go.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of manager from Walgreens. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Walgreens to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was new district manager. Author liked the most store and old staff 3 months ago. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Walgreens for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

If what you write is accurate, you are the one who needs to go. Follow the example set by all of your coworkers.

cytotech_01
to Anonymous Chesapeake, Virginia, United States #971112

Hey, ***, I DID go. Didn't you read the whole thing?

I haven't worked for Walgreens in over a year now. I am using this website to embarrass Walgreens and Tom Taylor, and to warn others who just might be considering a job there. What did you think I was writing this for? To whine like a weak-minded ***?

I already wrote to the CEO about his behavior since this review, and have yet to see any progress so far. I DID request that this new district manager be investigated without his involvement, however.

I might be just one former employee, but public embarrassment, even if only a little, is always a major deterrent to bad corporate behavior.

You should have given me a thumbs-up for at least trying.