22.2K views

My wife has severe asthma, and Primatene is the only thing that keeps us from having to drive to the emergency room once or twice a month.

Apparently there are some new policies in place at Walgreens that require the pharmacy staff to treat anyone asking for these little yellow life-saving pills like sh*t. We went to 2 different Walgreens to try and buy the Primatene tablets for my wife, both of which turned her away and the staff purposely tried to embarrass her in front of other customers. My wife has prescriptions for Albuterol (emergency inhaler) and Symbacort for her asthma. The staff at both Walgreens pharmacies dont care about that though, they only see someone looking to make METHAMPHETAMINE. Hmmmm, lets see... my wife, homeschooling 2 daughters, trying to simply breathe because of all the summer pollen in the air, trying to buy Primatene for her METH LAB in the shed out back.... ***, ***,***

"Well if you dont fill your medications here then you need your doctor to prescribe it to you or we cant sell it to you".... K, so my wife needs to get a flippin prescription for a NON PRESCRIPTION medication?

We purposely do not fill her meds at Walgreens because THEY ARE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE THERE. Walgreens sucks, and their staff sucks as well.

Comments

Same. Shortage in the DMV area

Primatene tabs cant be found on store shelves anywhere in Portage county Ohio. I feel u and ur wife's pain, agony,frustation, and anger.

Had the same problem with Walgreens. Not sure where u live, but if u have a Marcs around u they are awesome. I've found out primatene is on a forever back order from my pharmacist at Marc's. But luckily, I'm a nurse and there are other products exactly like primatene.

Ask a Marcs pharmacist to order Bronkaid for u. It's the same ingredients and dosage as primatene tablets. Hope this helps u guys. BTW, I think the primatene tablets are on " back order" and off shelves is because of the drug crisis.

I've been researching and found there reformulating the original inhaler and are going to be releasing it new inhauler soon pending all the usual pain in the a@s red tape. I hope they do get the approval. The inhaler works way better with less side effects.

And it's got a plus side to it. It will deter *** addicts.

Just a little advice to anyone who may not know Walgreens does make a generic version of primatene that is called "Bronchial Asmatha Relief" and comes in a brown box similar in size to primatene. Their generic doesn't seem to have the stock issue because they keep stocking it even tho primatene has been out for months.

It’s Pseudo Ephedrine that they use to make *** Commonly known as just Pseudo. Primatene contains ephedrine sulfide.

I spoke with Pfizer today. Hoping to have it back on the shelves in a couple of months. They have issues with a supplier...I kinda guessed it's an ingredient shortage because you can't get store brand anymore either.

Primatene is out of stock everywhere. I cant find any articles or news about it! Had to get walgreens brand last time.

Ohio, panhandle of Wv and western Pennsylvania too. Even Bronkaid is scarce! Something is going on and the consumer is being told lies.

It would also be nice if some one would at least answer some of our ? And let us know what’s going on instead of calling around trying to find it and guessing about what’s going on !!

Also in pa .. I have called the company they said it’s still being made but the are having problems getting pharmacy to carry it ??

when I go to Walmart or Walgreens they say they are having trouble getting it in back order ??

This is crap and it messes with peoples breathing .. so beyond mad my mother is suffering bc if this

Out of stock in Georgia. Don't understand.

Something is wrong, Walmarts all over isn't selling asthma meds,I been taken them for over 45yrs.nowI will be turned into a lab rat and pay doc. Fees so they can guess wut works for me.welcome to USA,get ready to pay,thats the American way

Having the same problem in Indiana. Out of stock.

Pharmacies say they haven't seen any come in for a while. Everyone has Bronkaid but it doesn't work as well.

Ended up in the ER last week. Hope the product isn't being permanently pulled.

Not sure what's going on but many areas all over the U.S. including here in Texas have been out of stock of Primatene for over a month now.

Phizer, the manufacturer, doesn't want to answer my email questions for some reason. Anyone else having issues? I've been trying to stretch half a box for weeks now.

Walmart pharmacy & Walgreen's all over are claiming a "...distribution problem". I've checked neighboring cities & have relatives in other states which have the same family asthma.

to Soupy eyes #1545383

Out of stock in kentucky too.

to Karen #1547217

Out in Missouri as well!

to Soupy eyes #1552003

Out in NY as well

Looks like here in mid iowa they came out with their own brand half potency less capsules. So it'll cost more then double for the same.

The pharmacy counter couldnt even find the shelf tag and didnt know if it was going to be stocked. 3 walgreens were out.

You can't get your Primatene Mist Inhales any more, because it may kill you. Or so I was tole.

Now we limit you on the tablets because you might make speed out of it.

But we are going to make "Weed" legal and let you smoke that *** get high, and drive down the highway, stoned out of your mind, possible killing someone, and walk free, because we don't have a "Breathalyzer" for *** yet. But you sir, will just have to try and breath harder because we were not making enough money off of that Primatene stuff.

Totally agree Walgreens has treated me the same way when my Inhaler runs dry i have to wait for mine in the mail My asthma really bothers me and i get congestion so that works Mucinex does not and it is too high also Walgreens is a joke

THIS WHOLE CRAP ABOUT PRIMATENE IS GETTING SERIOUS.... I MUST HAVE IT...

UNDER THEIR RULES I CAN ONLY TAKE IT TWICE A DAY... I NEED TO TAKE IT EVERY 6 HOURS OR SUFFER...