19.6K views

My wife has severe asthma, and Primatene is the only thing that keeps us from having to drive to the emergency room once or twice a month.

Apparently there are some new policies in place at Walgreens that require the pharmacy staff to treat anyone asking for these little yellow life-saving pills like sh*t. We went to 2 different Walgreens to try and buy the Primatene tablets for my wife, both of which turned her away and the staff purposely tried to embarrass her in front of other customers. My wife has prescriptions for Albuterol (emergency inhaler) and Symbacort for her asthma. The staff at both Walgreens pharmacies dont care about that though, they only see someone looking to make METHAMPHETAMINE. Hmmmm, lets see... my wife, homeschooling 2 daughters, trying to simply breathe because of all the summer pollen in the air, trying to buy Primatene for her METH LAB in the shed out back.... ***, ***,***

"Well if you dont fill your medications here then you need your doctor to prescribe it to you or we cant sell it to you".... K, so my wife needs to get a flippin prescription for a NON PRESCRIPTION medication?

We purposely do not fill her meds at Walgreens because THEY ARE WAY TOO EXPENSIVE THERE. Walgreens sucks, and their staff sucks as well.

Comments

I get mine at Walmart no problem. Gotta show my driver's license, though, and they record it.

I have been buying Primatene tablets from the pharmacy at Rite Aid for $12 a box. The pharmacy is very professional and only requires proper ID as evidence one is 21 years of age.

I have searched for Primatene tablets until I found a reasonable price. At $12 a box, it is a bargain.

The RiteAid I purchased these from is located on Western Ave in San Pedro in a small shopping center. I hope this helps.

Good for you.I cannot stand the way everyone/where/place manages to the lowest criminal denominator.Primatene tabs are one of the only things that work on my asthma as well.

THEY TREAT ME THE SAME WAY.. THE DOSAGE INSTRUCTION AND WHAT THEY WILL LET YOU HAVE IS NOT CORRECT.. I TRY TO BUY THE 60 TABS, AND CAN ONLY DO IT ONCE EVERY 30 DAYS..

So rude ! I have to use them as well when I do not have the money to fill my prescription inhaler. I get them from Walmart and Kroger, I do not have to have prescriptions filled at either places

I used to buy mine at CVS or Wallgrens by getting the card that's on the shelf and show them my drivers license and I have it.But in the last month, I didn't see no card at either store and Walmart also.The only place I can buy it is on Ebay.That's where I got mine.It takes about 10 to 14 days to receive it.

I do not have the exact statute for this but I will post as soon as I locate it. I have been told that this is a Federal Law. Walgreens and any pharmacy is just following what our government has advised them to do.

to Anonymous #1398657

If he was buying withing the limits by law then no, they were not. I am a mom who has allergies and asthma as well as two children with the same.

And I also get treated like a criminal by some pharmacy employees, depending on who is behind the counter.

Tired of it. Bronkaid works better than Albuterol and I cannot afford the daily inhaled steroids.

to Anonymous #1486713

Not true, they are going way beyond what is required by law.

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, United States #1214083

I get my Primatene tablets filled at WalMart and all they ask for is my drivers license and then they hand it to me...........

Same thing JUST happened to me. Embarrassed me and made me feel like a criminal or a drug addict.

I don't need my doctor to write a script it's over the counter.

So humiliated. Never will go back to Walgreens.

same in sanford they said they needed rx even when i showed id and claimed a new law requires a rx i went to my doctor and he said no rx needed i went to cvs who still offers it with out the rx just needed the id

to Anonymous #1384514

You don't need a prescription to buy Primatene, but you are limited to two boxes of 60 tablets in a thirty day period. As of July, 2017, the amount you have purchased in one month is tied to the scan of your driver's license. Prior to that date, the store didn't check the amount purchased, so I could buy them as needed, two at a time.

This just happened to me as well. I have an inhaler, but when my asthma is really bad, the tablets work really well.

I've always bought it at walgreens without any problems. Last week they informed me that in order to buy it, I had to have a prescription filled there within the past 6 months. WHAT?? Makes no sense at all.

I understand there are regulations because it has ephedra, but it is sold OTC. Therefore, getting prescriptions filled there (which I don't, but that's another story) has nothing to do with buying the tablets. Makes no sense at all.

I contacted Walgreens main office and they just said they were looking into it. So frustrating!

LadyScot
to Anonymous #1130594

It may be sold over the counter, but like Ephedrine, it is regulated. When handcuffs are a daily worry in your line of work, you tend to be extra careful to follow the rules and laws.

RobbieL
Deltona, Florida, United States #1043066

Walgreens treats people very badly, and they were the ones who got in trouble with the DEA. Look it up, they were fined a LOT of money! I will NEVER set foot in another one of their stores, due to being treated like dirt, to put it nicely.

RobbieL
to RobbieL Deltona, Florida, United States #1043073

Walgreens is the same here. I don't know why people go there. They must like being treated like criminals,

Ballwin, Missouri, United States #945806

Walgreens is horrible. You can't just buy something and leave.

They hound you for your phone number.

I avoid it like the plague. Last resort.

I'm not mad. I am dizzy becuse I'm having problems breathing.

I bought an inhaler 2 years ago that contained ephadrine(spelling?) It really helped. It's looking like they aren't sold anymore.