4.4
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

i went to get my premarin filled which my dr prescribed for hot flashes, and the walgreen's pharmacist was very nice but said he was "required" to ask me if i could be pregnant.The reason for this was that the drug could cause birth defects or miscarriage to a fetus, if there was one.

I answered him because i was afraid he would deny me my medication. I have since been told that if i dont answer the question, i could be denied the medication. I have spent a week contacting walgreen's customer assistance, explaining over and over my protests, and have repeatedly been told the question is to protect ME. The pharmacists told me it was Walgreen's national policy to require this question, however no one from corporate would return my call.

The district manager who most recently called me said it was NJ State law to ask a customer this question.Pharmacists at other drugstores, such as cvs and rite-aid, claim it is not NJ law, and that they do not engage in the practice of asking a woman essentially if she's had sex in the past 9 months and has a uterus.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of being treated like a baby factory. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of walgreens prescription refill. Walgreens needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walgreens prescription refill in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walgreens.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

This has got to be the craziest thing I've ever read. It's women like you that give the rest of us a bad name.

Average_Employee
Seattle, Washington, United States #1060213

They wouldn't care about no baby you were baking.The only reason they have to ask is if they didn't and your medication caused little jr.

to become the living embodiment and second coming of the elephant man - you could easily sue for being misinformed and causing you "damages".Get over yourself ffs.

I'm sorry you're being asked a personal, inconvenient question to receive your medication.It probably is not a "law" to make sure you're aware of potential birth defects, but it may be the Board of Pharmacy recommendation.

It is certainly good practice to make sure you have that information, because not every patient fits your exact circumstances.

If it were dispensed without warning to a patient who did become pregnant, the dispensing Pharmacist is first in line for liability suits. It's nobody's intention to embarrass you. Please understand that errors do occur on the part of prescribers and we cannot assume every doctor explained medication risks.

We live in a blame-seeking society, unfortunately. It is for your protection and the pharmacist's that you are told about the risks every time you get your prescription.

If you don't feel you are being given this information in a respectful/private manner, please address that directly to the pharmacy manager.The policy will not change, but we can absolutely present it in ways that don't make you uncomfortable.

Aiken, South Carolina, United States #1055878

They are doing it for your own safety, or rather for the safety of the baby.I hope you never have children or get pregnant, because you seem like the type of person that would lie and endanger your child just to get the medication.

Get your facts straight this is NJ law. Grow up.

They should have thought from your childish attitude that you have not reached puberty yet and not asked the question.I agree with you on that.