I've been going to this pharmacy since I moved to Minnesota over 15 years ago.I never had a problem until recently.

They always seem to "switch manifacturers" without giving me a call in advance or asking for me to provide consent to switch. I've had multiple bad reactions to these medications and they never seem apologetic. I know it's not necessarily the pharmacist's fault for the company switching, but their customer service seems to be absolutely awful lately. They basically always insist that I have to take the medication, instead of telling me that they can order it, which I've been told by management that they can, in fact, special order medication from a specific manufacturer.

Apparently the only reason why they switch is because it saves THEM (Walgreens company) money, therefore saving ME money. I'd rather pay the extra $5-10 per refill for medication that I know works for me than have to suffer another bad reaction. In addition to this, our insurance will randomly decide not to cover certain prescriptions, but the pharmacist on duty ALWAYS assumes that we can't afford to pay full price out of pocket, without insurance, for the medications.

It's easy to jump to the conclusion that they're racially profiling.That's what it feels like anyway, even if that's not the case.

Review about: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments