19.5K views

Walgreens is in the process of of changing job titles having employees doing the same work, cutting their pay and changing schedules. If employees don't like it QUIT. This is their main goal make People mad and quit without thinking. This is what Walgreens wants so it can pay their employees $10 an hr. No more Executive or Assistant Managers, store leaders or group leaders. Will have keys to open and close stores, same responsibilites under a new title. Employees can you say UNION-UNION-UNION. or a Civil or Class Action lawsuit. In my opinion Walgreens puts misinformation on it's web site. This is their way to single out and traget employees. The following resources are available to all employees to make sure that they have an effective way to express complaints, concerns or suggestions for improvement. Being able to listen and communicate directly with our employees makes the company stronger and able to respond to issues quickly, without the unnecessary bureaucracy and delay of a formalized grievance process.

Open Door Policy - Walgreens believes in the dignity of its employees and their right to a prompt, equitable and sympathetic review of any question or difference of opinion an employee may have concerning their work situation. Employees may take their questions or concerns to either their direct supervisor or move up through the chain of command to get resolution.

Hotline System for reporting problems and concerns in the workplace - 1-800-666-5677 to call 24 hours a day. A Loss Prevention Supervisor will promptly investigate these types of claims. UNTRUTH

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Manager.

Comments

tincantourist

Walgreen's discriminates against older employees by giving them less staffing and constantly looking for ANY means to dump them, even pharmacists. Younger pharmacists have more staff when working.

They will write up a warning for ANYTHING and if you do this again, you are done. In SE Alabama we have too many pharmacists due to Walgreen's buying out Rite Aid and closing the stores. So they are targeting the older pharmacists who have kept these stores alive. Walgreen's is a God awful place to work.

One employee who was severely injured in an accident at work is now almost paralized due to inablity to get help via the Workman's comp set up through Sedgwick whose method is DELAY, DENY. I hope this person gets a lawyer. Walgreen's will suddenly reduce the pay rate of employees by changing their position, taking them down $10 per hour which is a loss of income of almost 1600 per month. Stay away from this place unless you enjoy being treated like cow manure.

Just look at all of the lawsuits against Walgreen's and Sedgwick. That should make you run.

walgreens is cutting a weeks vacation from their 25 year plus employees starting jan1/2019 also they are taking away retirement benefits from all employees

to Anonymous #1577454

Yeah, they are really throwing loyal employees with over 25 years of service under the bus. It’s shameful !!

tincantourist
to Anonymous #1591687

This is 100% true. They should be sued for age discrimination.

Keep documentation if you are an older employee. You are going to be targeted and treated like ***

I've been dealing with deep depression due to family issues, among other things, and it's been showing through at work. My ASM had the nerve to tell me that I need to take care of it because I'm there to work.

On top of this, she was supposed to discuss with me about any schedule changes, which she did NOT! Not a care in the world when it comes to their employees and their well being!! I've been with Walgreen's for 2 years.

I mean, I've worked retail for 30+ years and retail is bad no matter where you work, but this is rediculous!! Im 48 now, and I'm just getting tired of it!

Los Angeles, California, United States #1230081

Walgreens is in the process of eliminating all shift lead positions and assigning lower wage employees into "key holder" positions. They are also getting ready to close their pharmacy departments in order to comply with the federal trade commission approved buyout of riteaid (in order to avoid a monopoly).

There will be no store managers but instead will have one lower paid asm (assistant store manager) per store over looking scheduling, deposits, safe counts, etc. There will be the equivalent of a "community leader" acting as overall manager of multiple stores.

Walgreens already has stores in test markets working in this capacity with more to follow starting jan. 1 2017.

to Anonymous #1434837

I work for Walgreens and we have 5 store leads and 2 managers! We have only 6 part time employees that make $9 or less!!

That's it.....13 total employees made up mostly of "cheifs" and only "indians" doing the work! When exactly was the "new" program supposed to start??

U hit it right on the money everything you said true .

Oakland, California, United States #1209857

Manager here is Oakland, ca Abril is a complete ***. We hold down the fort!!

Without he is toast!! His people he hired at lazy.. Won't do half of what we do. Most of the store is trying to leave because of his abusive mouth.

Nineteen stores don't want him because of his mouth!!! I for one am contacting lawyers!!

Can you say Union?

to Anonymous #1424247

I 110% agree UNION UNION UNION

weird... it was like Walgreens hacked into that and added the last 1/2.

Walgreens SUCKS *** when it comes to employment. They have insurance that MAKES you use their pharmacy for your pharmacist.

They give 0 options to use another. Lemme know of a Union / class lawsuit that starts so I can get back to my 20+ year pharmacist.

So I have been a walgreens employee for almost 5 years making *** money. I was told a couple of weeks ago that anyone in the company who makes less 9 dollars an hour would be bumped up to 9.

I am making the same amount as a kid who started less than a month ago. All of my reviews and raises have been ***.

When i went to my store manager, she made me feel like an *** for not being grateful for my raise. Why am i the *** for being mad that i am so under valued?

I've been promoted and still dont even make $10 an hour!

That's retail....

to Anonymous #1122071

That is not retail..... Like that's some kind of *** answer. Half the jobs in the world are retail ***.

to Anonymous #1424253

That's all greedy business. They don't like union because then they have to be fair to employees, ck other Walgreens in different state some might already have a union

Mountain View, California, United States #1103610

Walgreens has always been opened on every holiday. Nothing new.

I am the wife of a Walgreens assistant manager and man had Walgreens *** us over. I barely see my husband and on his day off guess what the fat *** store manager still makes him come in to work for free.

If my husband refuses they threaten him with his promotion. It's ***!

There is a *** Blizzard today with an expected 18" of snow and they're still making him come in. Great job on caring about the wellbeing of your employees Walgreens

to Anonymous #1105165

So typical of Walgreens not giving a d@mn about its workers or their well-being, which is *** because without the people giving good customer service and keeping the shelves stocked, customers wouldn't come in and keep the stores going. I hope your husband made it through the storm ok.