Walgreens Corporate screwing with employees.

Walgreens is in the process of of changing job titles having employees doing the same work, cutting their pay and changing schedules. If employees don't like it QUIT. This is their main goal make People mad and quit without thinking. This is what Walgreens wants so it can pay their employees $10 an hr. No more Executive or Assistant Managers, store leaders or group leaders. Will have keys to open and close stores, same responsibilites under a new title. Employees can you say UNION-UNION-UNION. or a Civil or Class Action lawsuit. In my opinion Walgreens puts misinformation on it's web site. This is their way to single out and traget employees. The following resources are available to all employees to make sure that they have an effective way to express complaints, concerns or suggestions for improvement. Being able to listen and communicate directly with our employees makes the company stronger and able to respond to issues quickly, without the unnecessary bureaucracy and delay of a formalized grievance process.

Open Door Policy - Walgreens believes in the dignity of its employees and their right to a prompt, equitable and sympathetic review of any question or difference of opinion an employee may have concerning their work situation. Employees may take their questions or concerns to either their direct supervisor or move up through the chain of command to get resolution.

Hotline System for reporting problems and concerns in the workplace - 1-800-666-5677 to call 24 hours a day. A Loss Prevention Supervisor will promptly investigate these types of claims. UNTRUTH

More Review Details

Helpful? 228 Yes 228 504 No 504
Had the same issue 113 Yes 113
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 08 #1209857 Oakland, California

Manager here is Oakland, ca Abril is a complete ***. We hold down the fort!! Without he is toast!! His people he hired at lazy.. Won't do half of what we do. Most of the store is trying to leave because of his abusive mouth. Nineteen stores don't want him because of his mouth!!! I for one am contacting lawyers!!

Mar 09 #1124285

Can you say Union?

Joe

Mar 09 #1124284

weird... it was like Walgreens hacked into that and added the last 1/2. Walgreens SUCKS *** when it comes to employment. They have insurance that MAKES you use their pharmacy for your pharmacist. They give 0 options to use another. Lemme know of a Union / class lawsuit that starts so I can get back to my 20+ year pharmacist.

Mar 08 #1123739

So I have been a walgreens employee for almost 5 years making *** money. I was told a couple of weeks ago that anyone in the company who makes less 9 dollars an hour would be bumped up to 9. I am making the same amount as a kid who started less than a month ago. All of my reviews and raises have been ***. When i went to my store manager, she made me feel like an *** for not being grateful for my raise. Why am i the *** for being mad that i am so under valued?

1 0 Reply

Feb 20 #1115229

I've been promoted and still dont even make $10 an hour!

Jan 30 #1103612

That's retail....

Mar 04 #1122071

That is not retail..... Like that's some kind of *** answer. Half the jobs in the world are retail ***.

Jan 23 #1099532

I am the wife of a Walgreens assistant manager and man had Walgreens *** us over. I barely see my husband and on his day off guess what the fat *** store manager still makes him come in to work for free. If my husband refuses they threaten him with his promotion. It's ***! There is a *** Blizzard today with an expected 18" of snow and they're still making him come in. Great job on caring about the wellbeing of your employees Walgreens

3 0 Reply

Feb 02 #1105165

So typical of Walgreens not giving a d@mn about its workers or their well-being, which is *** because without the people giving good customer service and keeping the shelves stocked, customers wouldn't come in and keep the stores going. I hope your husband made it through the storm ok.

Moira

Jan 20 #1098290

I've been at Walgreens for 2 years now, and I have to say I've never dealt with some of the *** I'm dealing with at my previous jobs. For one, asking someone to cover your break or lunch causes so much drama. You would think I had raped someone's dog or shot their cat! I could see if I was nasty, but every request was always polite, and I have always covered others without a problem because I like helping people (customers and coworkers alike).
Don't get me started on the lazy store manager, assistant managers and shift lead. Out of those 5, only one does any actual work, and he does way more than his share!
Training? What's that? I've seen new people get thrown onto the floor or in cosmetics with no training at all! As for the front end, you get like a couple of hours of training, and then you're on your own. I'm not talking about ppls, I'm talking about the hands-on-training that every new person has to go through.
We have 3 part-timers under 18 in a store that sells liquor and cigarettes. Yeah, that's smart.
If you come to work sick, nobody cares. If you call off, even if you only do it once a year, you get treated like ***.
Thank God I'll likely get out soon. Retail is bad no matter where you work, but some of the Walgreens managers seriously need to start managing and not let the lunatics run the asylum.

Jan 22 #1099033

I'll bet I know which store that is! You're talking bout the one in Wisconsin, right? Ha! And they say were friendly here LOL.

Mar 15 #1127912

You sound like you work at my store. I get treated the same way.

Aug 17 #1200257 Shawano, Wisconsin

I work at the same store in Wisconsin. I get treated the same way. There managers suck.

Jan 01 #1087079

My position as hps was taken away along with a $2 hourly paycut. New title is customer associate, yet still doing the same work and the same responsibilities as photo head specialist.I complained and was told if you don't like it quit.All this after 30 years service with great attendance,great customer service and great employee.I kept arguing with store manager and she fired me.Now they don't want to pay unemployment benefits.Walgreens used to be employee friendly m,but now all they want is to get rid of long term good employees.

4 1 Reply
Aj17x

Jan 30 #1103608

You never argue with your superiors. Your store manager was following orders.

Dec 10, 2015 #1076837

My store manager has put me on mandatory paid leave but tells me I have to use all my pto. How is this paid leave.

2 0 Reply

Dec 01, 2015 #1072441

I am sick and tired of my terrible manager Danita florez. She is grouchy moody all the time and uses a mono tone when telling us to do things. She makes all of us feel *** when we ask her questions.
Walgreens has lost family values we are forced to pick a holiday to work, in wich we are open all day. While corporate is at home enjoying their holiday.

2 2 Reply

Nov 18, 2015 #1065990

How can we form a union? It's ridiculous these practices are happening at a nationally respected corporation like Walgreens!

2 0 Reply
momof2

Nov 17, 2015 #1065490

i contacted hr about something and instead of discussing it with me the hr person took it upon herself to see out my store location and speak with my store manager. now a minor issue is turning very sour. when all i had were questions and needed a outsiders point of view.. now my hours are cut and told my request is denied and told i have 30 days to find a new store after said date or im fired and need to reapply if i wish to stay with the company.. really this is how you treat some who's been with the company for 10 years. i'm being forced to choose my job over my personal family issue's ... whats the point of offering things like "personal leave " if its impossible to actually file for ..

3 0 Reply

1-20 of 306 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.