Huntsville, Alabama
1.8

Walgreens in Huntsville, AL Jeff Road has denied medication refills on 2 occasions. Once for me and once for my husband. They informed me on both occasions I had to wait 2-5 days. The first was for klonopin and the other was for high blood pressure medication. I wanted to fill a prescription 3 days early because there was a death in the family and we were preparing to take our child to college. On another occasion, my husband, who travels, wanted to fill a prescription for high blood pressure. Although he had 5 days before a refill, they told him he had to wait. We live in an area that has power outages due to storms and tornados. What would have happened if there was a power outage or he had to travel for work? There are times when I work unusual schedules and do not have the opportunity to get to a pharmacy within 3 days of being completely out of medication.

I understand there are individuals who abuse klonopin, but who abuses high blood pressure medication? Furthermore, there are occasions where I do not fill my klonopin prescription for a month and a half. I don't like feeling like I'm doing something wrong. We use the same pharmacy, same insurance, and same physician. We are both busy people with complex schedules. If we happen to be near the pharmacy and know it will be difficult to have our prescriptions filled later, due to travel and night shifts, or other obligations, we should be able to fill our medication within 5-7 days.

Solution: If I have a medication filled early, for instance, on a the 1st Saturday of the month, the pharmacy should provide me with a refill date (the 2nd Saturday of the next month). I also believe Walgreens should explain their refill policy.

I understand that Walgreens was fined for illegally filling prescriptions in Florida. However, they have overstepped their boundaries. Perhaps they should discontinue filling prescriptions and just sell products that could possibly cause harm or even death.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Walgreen pharmacy Guilty until pr

Comments

Not sure why anyone would vote down this review, it looks like there's someone trolling the website to discredit the reviews.