Miami, Florida

Walgreens Store #: 11938. Southwest corner of 107Th & Flagler

On 12/19/2014 at 8:30 pm my husband Derrick Cox (DOB 3/12/1987), was turned away from Walgreens because he did not have his Cigna medical card. My husband asked if he could give them the necessary information verbally because the card was at home. In fact, I was on the phone with him with the card in my hand and information readily available. The pharmacist REFUSED to assist him because they needed the BIN# and an actual copy of the card to provide him with his prescription. Why wasn't this requested in the past? Why are the pharmacist looking for a bin# and there is no bin# designated on my card? We did explain this to the pharmacist that a bin# was not on the card and he said he could not help us until he gets the card.

I feel like my husband was discriminated against because he is an African American, non-Spanish speaking male, who has Staywell (Medicaid) as the last insurance in your system. How can you demand a bin# to complete transaction and that's not listed on our card? My husband came home and drove back with the card. The card was given to the pharmacist who then stated that the bin# wasn’t on the card and he will have to search for it. So, again why were we refused cooperation originally if he could have searched for bin# with the verbal information and not the physical card? This was a waste of our time, gas, and energy.

I do not appreciate this company making our lives so difficult when we could have chosen another pharmacy. I had faith in Walgreens and I supported Walgreens. I have been a customer for many years. Now I will make it my priority to report them to your office, the BBB, my local congressman, local news stations, and via social media if need be. A pharmacist should take pride in providing the public with much needed health aids and be willing to go above and beyond without a negative attitude and hostile reactions. I highly recommend Walgreens conducting a companywide customer service skill building webinar to strengthen their teams ability to deal with customers. At the end of the day, people use Walgreens by choice not by force.

I would prefer an approach on a more personable level and fair treatment.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pharmacist.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walgreens Cons: Pharmacist was rude, Customer service.

Comments

Always playing the race card. You're pathetic.