2.0

I've been collecting Balance Rewards for quite a while. You know, Walgreens Drugs "point system." I finally had over $35. worth of points. So I went in last week, and bought quite a few things, including a Pulse Oximeter, which was $49. itself. My total order was $117., and I paid for it with $82. cash and $35. in points.

Well, I got home, and the Pulse Oximeter didn't work. I went to return it, trusty receipt in hand. The cashier asked if I wanted another one, and I told her I did not. She then began to process the return and told me that since I'd used points for part of the payment, I'd be getting a gift card to Walgreens for $35., and cash for the difference, $19.04 ($15. + $4.05 tax). I complained strenuously, but not rudely, saying I'd paid for most of my purchase with cash, and I wanted cash in return. The manager came and said that because I had used the points for "part of my purchase," regardless of how much I spent, the policy was that they couldn't give me cash for the amount of the points. I tried to explain that I didn't want cash for the points, but for part of the cash that I'd spent, which was almost twice as much as the points redeemed. The manager wouldn't budge.

When I came home I looked at the terms and conditions for balance rewards, and it doesn't specifically state this. It says nothing about combination purchases of items with points and cash. The manager evidentally made up the "policy" he enforced.

It appears that if you are redeeming Walgreens Balance Points, you do best to keep any items purchased that way separate from any other items you purchase. Don't mingle them, or you may get caught the way I did.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $35. The author is overall dissatisfied with Walgreens. The most disappointing about walgreens cashier from Walgreens was handling of my refund Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Walgreens.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Drug Stores and Drugs category for more informed decision or compare Walgreens to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

It does state in the system that they have to give you a store credit for items purchased with the amount of points you used. Management can't override this.

"Upon redemption of Points, the Points will immediately be deducted from Member’s account.Once Points are redeemed, Points cannot be credited back to Member’s account.

When returning items paid with Redemption Dollars, the Redemption Dollars will be refunded to Member in the form of store credit."

Just googled, "Returns made with Balance rewards".Seems legit.