1.9K views

I worked for the Walgreens Home Infusion Office. If you are a new employee, all I can say is GOOD LUCK!!

They will give you absolutely NO Training! They will sit you in front of a computer, tell you to learn the computer system yourself and walk away. They will never really talk to you again or give you the time of day. If you like breaks, well, forget it!

No breaks, Walgreens employees do not deserve them. If you have a fever, they will send you home but plan on getting written up when you return after having a flu virus. Corporate could care less what illness you have, whether its minor or serious, you should be at work infecting everyone else. If you have worked there for more than five years, it gives you the right to treat your fellow employees like complete ***, Management is fine with this.

No problem. To management, you are just a body and you are replaceable, you mean nothing to the company.

God help if someone quits, because they will not be replaced and then the rest of the staff has to work two jobs of one person. My advice, if you are looking for a Job, do not choose Walgreens because you will be sadly disappointed.

Comments

Wow this is the most accurate description of the way Walgreens employees are treated th I have heard in awhile!!!! I worked for Walgreens for 10 years & watched them neglect & mistreat thier employees, I'm just as guilty because I was in a management position & forced to enforce thier unfair ways.

When I finally stood up for what was right I was tossed out like trash after 10 years of dedication & extremely hard work. I hope this company gets what they deserve somehow someway

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1005282

I work for Walgreen's in MN and I really enjoy it! I feel bad for everyone who is or has had a bad experience working for this company.

The managers at the store I work at are considerate of my fellow employees and I. When it came to training everyone was patient and helpful. My managers work with me when it comes to my availability, time off, and hours.

They also make sure everyone gets there breaks. I'm happy to work for Walgreen's!

Not only is the above statement correct, but recently I worked for Walgreens and was literally only staying for the benefits and the pay. However, I should have left a long time ago when this new employee was hired and was treating me like *** from day one.

No matter how many times I reported her verbal and physical harassment, she had always gotten away with it.

She would insult me on a daily basis, to the point I actually requested a transfer but was refused it.

On one night, I was walking to my mom's work because she got off work 30 minutes after I did, and we carpool. This same employee lived on the street I had to walk down and I had no knowledge of this.

Turns out, she supposedly felt that I was following her and reported to my store manager that she felt threatened by me.

I was fired for "Workplace Violence" because of this, despite me telling the managers that I was only walking to my mom's work and had no intentions of harming the other employee.

So walgreens supports not only bullying, but discrimination as well.

Islip, New York, United States #783098

Walgreens also plays with employee time and then when asked about it, they say, "Oh, it must have been a mistake".

Islip, New York, United States #783096

You are so right. Walgreens could care less about it's employees.

During snow storms, emails are sent out threatening employees that the stores are to be open ON TIME. No regard for anyone's safety. If customers can't get to the stores in 3 feet of snow, how do they expect the employees to get there? Everything is a THREAT not a request.

No on is ever thanked for a good job. This could be why the store managers have given up and let their stores look like ***.

Get out if you can.

I worked at Walgreens for 4 months and you are so right about the breaks...I would work 8 and 10 hour days and only get 1-30 minute break, then I got fired shortly after I brought this to the managers attention. The reason I was fired was because I took a liter out of the store to light my cigarette and put it back when my break was done...they were searching for a reason to fire me and I finally gave them one..they'll be hearing from the EEOC soon. Everyone who worked there was too *** not to know about the break policy and were taken advantage of.

Just to let everyone know..if you work at Walgreens and you work an 8 hour day or more...you are entitled to one 30 minute break AND 2 fifteen minute breaks...regardless of how busy or short-staffed they are...managers problem, not yours

Chicago, Illinois, United States #742936

I agree with you I'm working for Walgreen's and I hate it!!! my manager is friend only with employees who work there 10 years even they are going evry hour on cigarette!!!!!

I've only been with Walgreens for 3 months and really liked my job at first. I have a degree, am older, and I actually had high hopes… until I realized that one of the shift managers (who makes the schedule) has issues with people who have medical disabilities.

Doctor's note..no matter, everything the doctor said I needed to do and to avoid (all very reasonable and really no big deal) meant she made sure I always had to do what I wasn't supposed to do (medically), and didn't do what I needed to do (medically). I'm also singled out, which I believe is looking more and more like a racial situation with this supervisor (who always schedules me with her). I really don't know what to do, but I do know the disrespect, rudeness, singling out, etc. is really wearing on my nerves.

I work extremely hard and simply don't understand what her problem is. :?

…At the corner of Sick & Tired-of-it-all

If you can not find any other job this should be your last resort. You cant call in or ask days off without a good reason.

I have aksed fridays off but i was told that i could not because it wont be fair to other, but it is fair that someone to get every sunday or saturday off because they have been working with the company for so long.

Oh and if you go to church or any other, good luck asking days off cuz they will not allow it. They dont care about you and treat you like ***.

UNFAIR PAY. FAVORITISM, the first two things i can think of.

I work as a "service clerk" but work in the photo lab 5 out of 6 days. I do the same exact *** the photo specialists do( stock freezer, clean stockroom,dealing with photo customers with extremely high stupidity levels, Oh and my favorite! killing roaches wherever and whenever they appear). and yet i get paid $3 LESS an hour because i work in Checkout ONCE.

ive asked to take the photo assessment to become certified, but was told it dosent exsist anymore and that everyone is a " service clerk" , but we just give higher pay to who WE choose. ***. Like breaks? well guess what forget about it, no breaks.

ive even been "secretely told" by management that i should work off the clock because we were busy. Also the management staff are dumb as bricks. NONE of them know how to solve ***, in photo, up front, dosent matter expect to hear *** *** coming from their mouth. might i also mention training sucks...

as a matter of fact i was never trained i learned everything my *** self. Earlier today i was told by management my life outside of work is worthless when i needed a day off the FIRT TIME I HAVE EVER NEEDED A DAY OFF quote" no ones coming in for you tommorow because whatever your need to do is less important "than coming in on *** SUNDAY MORNING, when no one when nonone even comes tonthe store. Oh yeah and if management dosent like you be careful because they will( and have) set me up. my register comes up$100 short and apperently i cant count, yeah right.

So anyways *** walgreens and any management working there the day i get fired im smackin the *** out of my shift lead with a *** baseball bat. good day to the rest of ya

Assistant manager here. I don't get a break or a lunch, but I cover for employees while they go on theirs.

Since we're all balanced at 40 hours exactly--no overtime allowed-- calling in sick is not really an option for me. No one would be able to cover. I always need to be able to hear the intercom so it's really difficult to go anywhere without a speaker. Know where there is no speaker?

The bathroom. My position is about to be discontinued so ill get a large pay cut soon despite being required to do the same job-- which is fantastic because my fiancé and I just bought our first house.

Don't go hating on management too much.

Our situation is only better than yours in terms of pay. Otherwise, I'd say we have the raw end of the deal.

to ***istant manager #715174

I agree with you there friend. I was an assistant manager and I had NO LUNCH nor break and I had to cover for employees who were on lunch and break.

I had to cover the cash registers (banks) for employees who called out on a nice spring or summer day. I worked EVERY WEEKEND and holiday. After 1 year, I had enough and just QUIT. I have a real career now.

Walgreens is good right after college if u have no wife and kids, or even in a relationship. But if you have any of the three aforementioned things, u will NEVER see them as a Walgreens ASM. Good luck to u. It seems I got out just in time.

My only saving grace was that I was making a KILLING in OT (between 10 to 15 hours a week). So yeah, my normal work week was from 50-60 hours. I heard they cut OT.

So again, best wished to u.

I agree. I am a new employee at this company and you are so right.

The new people are treated like cattle. Sit in front of a computer and you better learn that job fast or they talk about you that you aren't learning. Or you are accused of something you didn't do.

I like walgreens as the drug store not to work in the corporate area. All of those employees are horribly over worked.

Austin, Texas, United States #685216

I have worked about a year and every think is true! The manger attempts to keep up with the ongoing rotation of employees. Its fine if you can shrug off abuse and take it again and again with a smile.

:( :( :( :cry

Wow its my luck...

The new *** I yelled at for abuse just got promoted to my boss Im looking for a different job and i'm going to ask for a transfer. Shes Nuts!!! The first think she said to me when she started 5 weeks ago was that her husband cheated on her with 20 some odd woman and that she was a Marine. SHES NUTZS!!! TWO FACED OVER ACHEAVER BARKING ORDERS AT ME AFTER A WEEK NUTCASE!!!! She got the promoted because in one month five people quit and im only part time. :( :x :? :sigh :zzz

I work for Walgreens too. I am an assistant manager and I understand what you are saying.

I have been in this position for 13 years ans I have served the company faithfully, always working hard and enduring night and weekend shifts, long commutes to stores assigned to me by my District Manager, and sacrificed family and friends for my job. Now Walgreens is eliminating my position and forcing me to step into a lower-paying position that is virtually the same job. What a rotten way to treat a loyal employee.

Walgreens doesn't care about employees at all. It's all about big bonuses for corporate executives.

to karatepig #653391

Walgreens is all about Corporate bonsues and greed. They recently cut the hours of employees because the stock investors were unhappy.

The result, the little hard working employee carried the brunt of that load...with less pay and demoralized, and.....worried if they were going to make enough to pay the bills. Shame on those shameful, greedy and people.

to karatepig #654693

same with my girl shes been with the company 13 years.and she found out today she didnt get the job she already been doing for 6 years time to get a lawyer

to karatepig #715171

May I ask why u worked 13 years as an ASSISTANT manager? If you weren't promoted to store manager within 5 (really 3) years, why would u remain with them that long in a dead end position.

I was ASM for 1 year and that was 11 months too long. I quit because they took away my freedom and family time.

And no one I know YET has been promoted from ASM or even EXA to store manager. Good luck to you, maybe u should try RITE AID or CVS.

to Anonymous #809747

I just started working at walgreens a while ago not much training rarely get breaks have worked a ten hour shift before with no break they expect you to know what your doing with hardly any trading they show you how to do something once and expect you to get it right then. Then they will tell you you should know how to do this already I really want to do this job but when I ask for help I get ignored do what do I do

I work for store 417 my manager Miguel Brito and Jeffrey Hernandez abuse on me they make me work more than the other employees :cry :x And I feel Miguel be looking at me in a weird type of way