Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services

Discriminated against because my family is mexican american.Walgreens on Lancaster and Sunnyview in Salem, Oregon.

I went into the store with my mother who purchased cigarettes and milk and they have never carded her before, assuming because she looks well over 30 years of age ( the legal age standard for checking ID for tobacco sales in Oregon). They then persisted to ask for my ID even though i did not touch nor purchase anything. In Oregon you cannot ask someone who is not purchasing items for ID.

The clerk then refused service because i would not show ID for my mothers cigarettes (i was not even a customer!!) We requested the manger so we could file a complaint and as we were standing there waiting, the clerk sold cigarettes to TWO young white men who looked younger than myself ( i am 23) and she didn't even ask them for ID.The clerk then lied to her manger, the manager lied to us, and then the cops were called on us for trying to file a formal complaint.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of walgreens manager. Walgreens needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walgreens manager in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walgreens.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments