Carlinville, Illinois

This review has a very narrow scope.In particular I'd like to mention pricing on insulin (Novolin R).

This insulin is an over the counter in the state of Illinois. The cost of one vial in Illinois is $150 if I buy it at Walgreens. Comparatively speaking, I can purchase the exact same medication at another pharmacy (Walmart) for$25. I'm all for free enterprise but how about a little competitiveness?

Are you so greedy that you really need to charge 600% more for the exact same medication?

In this day and age of technology and social media I'm surprised someone hasn't already attacked the price gouging of retail pharmacies.Thank you for opening my eyes to the lengths that corporations will go to for a profit.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of novolin r. Walgreens needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned novolin r in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walgreens.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

Walgreens - Expensive substitute!!! Walgreens "Duane Reade located at 105 Brighton Beach Ave, Brooklyn, NY. On March 27th Pharmacy was trying to substitute prescribed Benicar (copay $38.30) with generic Olmesartan (copay $126.32). When I asked..." Read more Walgreens Prescription Refill Review from Bowling Green, Kentucky Walgreens "I got my pain meds filled from my sirgery last Tuesday. I already uad some meds meft, but were going to transfer them over to the new bottle, because I..." Read more My battle with Walgreens Walgreens "Apparently, Walgreens doesn't know it's own policy nor the ones they are trying to implement. I tried to get his corporation to show some sort of accountability. Needless to say..." Read more Walgreens - Rules over common sense and compassion...pt. be damned. Walgreens "Went to the all night Walgreens on Green Oaks in Arlington TX. in the wee hours on a Sunday to get a prescription for a pain medicine filled for my..." Read more Little Caesars - Liars Little Caesars "My husband and i just went through the little caesars on Reynolds Road in Bryant. We ordered one order of crazy bread extra butter and Parmesan and a deep dish..." Read more My Perfect Resume - I Had No Problem Canceling My Perfect Resume "If you try to cancel online you have to do it through the desktop version of their site if you're on mobile (or just do it on a laptop or..." Read more Chopretail - So far the worst and don't think it will get better. Chopretail "I PURCHASED ALTOIDS AND THOUGHT I WAS GETTING A BETTER DEAL BUT FOUND OUT THE PRICE WAS FOR 2 AND NOT 12. THE 2 WAS FROM CHOPRETAIL ON THE WALMART.COM..." Read more CCC Information Services - Bad Customer Service CCC Information Services "I have been using CCC for 20 years, in the beginning they were a great company but as they became bigger and bigger that's when things changed for the worse...." Read more