Review of Walgreens Pharmacy at 1570 E Fairview, Meridian, Idaho.

Their Pharmacist need continued education!!!

As a consumer I rely upon companies like Walgreens to have educated people in their positions that matter, such as the Pharmacy!!! I also rely on these folks being educated to assist me with my choices when I’m sick because I can’t talk with the manufacturer, right? Well, this pharmacy is forever off my shopping radar. Their answer ultimately was, “sorry you are stuck with it...”

I had a negative reaction from a prescription norco analgesic (pain killer) I received there. I usually use the St Luke's Pharmacy, but was in the area so I used Walgreens. (Please note that I give credit to the FDA and AMA for reducing the amount of APAP in these scripts, saving your liver and mine) I believe that St Luke's Pharmacy is much more professional. That being said...

I picked up my script and after several doses, I discovered that Walgreens had issued me a cheaper generic version of this drug norco, although it cost me the same as a quality brand received from St Luke's earlier last month. When I complained, the pharmacist was clearly uninformed and unaware about the norco/Watson version and the fact that they have changed manufacturers. I discovered that Watson had reportedly changed ingredients, therefore massively increasing the amount of consumer complaints. As most of you know, when companies change manufacturers they often water down their product to increase profits, is this what Watson/Actavas/Allergen, or whatever name they use have done? DON'T ASK WALGREENS, THEY HAVEN'T A CLUE. BTW, I'm not at all concerned about the yellow dyes previously. I'm not so concerned with Watson, because it was Walgreens who was assisting me and hadn't a clue nor any answers for me besides, "well, I've been here for 9 years and that's all we have..." For others out there with pain issues, it does seem that Walgreens doesn't carry the efficient pain reliever brand of norcos such as Qualitest, so DON'T GO TO WALGREENS IF YOU DESIRE AN EDUCATED CONSULT, this is my experience!!!! I must add that Walgreen's defense was also that ,"many people request Watson". She neglected to preface that response for this was because it's cheaper-not the quality they seek. Pharmacist should have these answers for me... BTW, consider asking who they share your drug and patient information with, because even they seem unaware.( we all just sign, "accept")

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of walgreens pharmacist. Walgreens needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walgreens pharmacist in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walgreens.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

LadyScot

So you normally pay for the brand as opposed to the generic?Most hospitals will give you brand, most pharmacies will supply the generic.

The reason is that MOST insurances will only pay for the generic unless otherwise prescribed by the doctor or patient choice.

Price difference between drugs and locations have a lot of factors. Do you use insurance? Where are you in your plan as opposed to your deductible?

Are you a senior and in the medicare donut hole? If you use medicare, do you also have the part d supplement? Were you paying cash? How many days supply between the brand and the generic, and St Lukes and Walgreens?

Too much is missing here.

As for using the generic, that is common, and since pharmacies use so many manufacturers of medications, and the fact that multiple manufacturers make the same drug, it is impossible for any pharmacist to know which manufacturer they have unless they photographically recall the shape, size, color of every drug in their database. Or, they can look it up for you.

The pharmacist knows more about drugs than you or your doctor does, so for you to call him uneducated is ridiculous and to be frank, makes YOU look uneducated.

Now, you had a reaction to a generic drug combo.Ask for the manufacturer, and try to ask from now on not to be given that manufacturer's product.

#1120470

Same problem at all pharmacies in Temple Tx, unless you're admitted to a floor, then you get the real deal!! Otherwise a giant tic tac.