Augusta, Georgia

The pharmacist and tech in the Walgreen's in Martinez, Ga on Fury's Ferry and Evans to Lock were rude, the tech mimicked me, the manager was laughing with the pharmacy staff after my complaint and did not realize I could see them and it took 28 minutes to get 1 pill that was called in 3 hours earlier by my husband who is a physician. We have been in medicine for 30 years and my husband was a pharmacist years ago.

NEVER have we been treated this way. Both girls that worked that afternoon of October 9th were the most unprofessional professionals I have ever encountered. I hope someone from Walgreen's reads this because they just lost my business.

I will now give CVS my business. The pharmacist there is kind, accommodating and always has a kind word!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pharmacist.

Comments

You can't even spell *** face #getoverit

I am currently having the same issues trying to deal with unprofessional and rude Pharmacy staffs at the Lowell, MA store. I don't think they are able to give you answers to anything that they are supposed to know .

I have been given 10 different answers and have lost my patience with trying to find out how I am able to obtain my purged prescription history.

The custodian of records are a bigger joke to deal with because they are a bunch of lying and lazy workers that will tell you anything just to get you off the phone. Walgreens Pharmacy employees are the reason why I would never go back to them to get anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

San Antonio, Texas, United States #784084

Okay so we need to evaluate the situation from both sides. I'm a tech at Walgreens and you better *** believe its stressful as ***.

You're expected to be able to do about 10 things at once. Walgreens always understaffs their pharmacies so we literally have to do the work of two people and we have to be quick or nothing would get done. We have to be near perfect and quick, because in a pharmacy you can't afford to make mistakes. It's hard and yes, there many nights that I've gone home and cried because it's so *** stressful.

You learn to deal with it though and as you go along, you become better and more reliable but that just means your workload doubles. The more competent you are, the more that is expected of you. For the people who think that all we do is count pills and stand around talking about our favorite episodes of The Walking Dead, yeah well that's not the case at all. On the other hand, a tech is expected to be professional, ethical and compassionate of every patient.

That's is expected from any tech. Unfortunately, a lot of pharmacies don't make the effort to confirm that their techs live up to this standard. It's sad. I always tell myself that it's not the fault of the patient that the pharmacy is understaffed and too busy.

Their well being and health come before anything else and I will make sure every patient is properly taken care of before I call it a day. They are in fact the reason that I have my job and for that I'm grateful.

Lakewood, Colorado, United States #726399

ALL U ALL NEED JESUS!GO READ YOU BIBLES! :p

First as a company we would like to apologize for the problems you all are listing and for the rude comments you have experienced from other techs on the blog I assure you that this would not take place in any of our Pharmacys while management is around we Have DM that would fire them on the spot. When you shop at walgreens on the bottom of the ricept there is a number you can call.

CALL!!

and rate the level of service and get the name of who is either doing a amazing job or someone doing less than expected (Important you tell about the technicians that give great service so they know who to keep) ...also at the top there is a 3 digit register ID you can use but make sure it is the right person so be sure you get a name walgreens takes these matters very seriously while we are americas #1 pharmacy we want all our customers to be WELL and we want to help you get that way and stay WELL. Please take care and be sure to try us out one last time we have alot to offer as a pharmacy and if it dosent work out use the recipt and talk to someone (dont let it happen if you feel something is wrong say something).

I have to side with the customers here. I have managed a few Walgreen stores and have done so well because I do value our customers.

Whenever I have gone to manage a new store the techs, and I'm sorry to say this, are rude. If I can't straighten them out I replace them. When customers are at a pharmacy they are sick, and staff needs to remember that. In my experience the techs who complain about rude customers do bring it on themselves and don't realize it.

If I had a nickel for every time I calmed a situation and the tech says "that's exactly what I said!" It is the way you said it that pissed them off, *** I got pissed just listening to you. Now Walgreen just put a cap on what a tech can earn, which sucks because you can't retain good techs on the low wages Walgreens pays. If they are good, they are worth more than $12 bucks an hour with hopes of hitting $16.25/hr after a lifetime with the company. Unfortunately the good ones who know how to treat people well always fin better paying jobs.

Yeah I said it, but am I right people? In the meantime i will keep putting out fires that techs start, and in case your wondering, my techs love working for me, they treat my customers right so I treat them right!

The last time I checked girls were under the age of 18. Anyways if anyone should be referred to as a girl it should be you. Most likely you created a reason for them to laugh at you by behaving like a seven year old.

my dear custy, you had alot to say I however will be brief. Working in a retail pharmacy is not all sunshine and roses tho we wish otherwise.

You can do everything in your power to be understanding and polite and friendly, yet people will still treat you like a pile of ***. I have worked in a mall and found the same to be true there, its everywhere.

Not all people who are working behind the counter are rude there are those of us who do take our job seriously and treat everyone with respect, but its not always returned from the other side of the counter. try to remember that

Completing the transaction at the register is part of our job and we DO know more about your script than you do. Most customers don't even read their script(s) before they get to the pharmacy.

Is it signed, dated, is there an actual drug with correct strength and directions on it? All these must be on the script or verified by phone or fax before we can fill your script. WE spend the time calling the doctor calling to get this information all day long, when it should've been on the script BEFORE leaving the doctor's office.

Please be nice to your pharmacy tech because we really ARE trying to help you. :)

#420050

WALGREENS STORE 1879 IN FORT LEE, NJ. THE PHARMACY TECHNICIAN NAMED JUDY (SHE WOULD NOT GIVE ME HER LAST NAME) IS ***, RUDE AND ARROGANT.

SHE MAKES MISTAKES AND TREATS CUSTOMERS POORLY. ESPECIALLY OLDER ONES. SHE HAS A BAD ATTITUDE AND DOES YOU A FAVOR. I HAVE COMPLAINED TO WALGREENS BUT THEY DO NOTHING.

I AM FORCED TO USE THEM DUE TO THE AARP RX PLAN.

I HAVE COMPLAINED TO AARP AS WELL. AND THEY DO NOTHING.

samantha.gray32
to Joy Kramroy Geismar, Louisiana, United States #624208

HELLO I AM REACHING OUT TO ALL THAT HAS BEEN VIOLATED BY WALGREENS FROM PHARMACY TECH I WAS TALK ABOUT AT THIS WALGREENS BY SO CALL PHARMACY TECH they was in a group talking about me and didnt HAVE A IDEA THAT THE PERSON KNEW ME SO THAT MEANS U HAVE TO BE REAL CAREFUL BECAUSE U DONT KNOW WHO KNOW WHO AND THE BAD THING THE PERSON WHO HEARD THEM DID NOT HAVE ANY IDEA THAT I GET MEDS FROM WALGREENS AND I DID NOT KNOW SHE EVEN GO THERE AND ALSO THEY CALL ANOTHER PHARMACY FROM CVS AND THAT PERSON IS NOT EMPLOYED AT WALGREENS AND ALL THE SO CALL WALGREENS DID WAS GIVE THE TECH A MEETING I DONT THINK SO THANKS ALL INVANCED :( :cry :( :(

I dunno... I'm more worried that this person is being prescribed pills from her husband.

I just get a good laugh at the replies from some of the pharmacy techs on here. Sorry, but the, "last customer/most customers was/are rude so I'm going to be crabby with you/everyone because my feelings are hurt and everyone needs to know about it" excuse is really a reflection of your own poor judgment and coping skills.

The post about 'rudeness from the patience' is the best! Of course you'll see some angry patients, but you need to work on your own patience. Some angry people are at the pharmacy for that very same reason - because they need to be medicated. I've never been rude to a Walgreen's pharmacist, although one time I was having a conversation with one and a tech started screaming at me from across the pharmacy about how the doctor needed to put more info on the RX.

While the pharmacist was being nice and had already explained that she was trying to get the MD on the phone, while the tech was screaming at me. So I yelled back at her, "The pharmacist is taking care of the situation right now, is there anything constructive you have to add?" It was so weird, because she hadn't even been part of the transaction - I handed the script right to the pharmacist herself, but the tech just wanted to butt in and yell at me from across the pharmacy to blow off steam. Well she shut up pretty quick when she realized that I wasn't going to let her badger me. She just ignored me, which is what I wish she would've done in the first place.

It wasn't a three-party conversation lol. Ya get what ya give. I understand that you're overworked by a money-grubbing corporation who expects you to do more work in less time. It sucks, but that's a poor excuse for having an attitude problem with the folks who are paying for you to be there.

Be happy you HAVE a job right now because many people don't. There was another occasion when the pharmacist didn't wan't to fill an RX for lidocaine because he, "didn't know why the doctor prescribed lidocaine with lomotil." Are you kidding me? I have to explain to someone with EIGHT YEARS of school, in front of a line of people, that when you have diarrhea and are wiping your *** every 30 minutes that it gets a little sore down there? BUT, I was nice about it and just explained: "It's for a related condition" and he filled it without further questioning.

In a customer service position, there are no excuses for a *** attitude. Ever have to work at the mall? See if that BS would fly there. Maybe your manager is too busy collecting incident info on you so he can terminate you without having to pay you unemployment.

If that's the case, let him sit on his butt and keep it up and *** all you negative nancys out. He has his work cut out for him. The funny thing is, there are shelves behind you all day at work stacked with bottles that contain a few different things that you should probably be taking on a daily basis if it's that difficult to just brush it off, deal with it, and get over it. ***, I've had some pretty bad experiences and I'm not on the phone with your managers or causing a big scene because you can't: count correctly, distinguish BID from QID, fill my RX that day, process my insurance, etc.

I'm venting about it here instead, and honestly the *** responses/excuses here are more irritating than those incidents themselves. If you hate your job so much, put in your two weeks and call it good. This 'trickle down *** attitude' theory isn't a good enough explanation for the *** poor customer service at Walgreen's, but that's why I shop at the CVS across the street.

And that makes me feel pretty darn good. :) In the meantime, lighten up ***

I have worked at Walgreens for the last 4 yrs as a service clerk, photo tech and now as a pharmacy tech. In my opinion this company has been steadily going into a downward spiral.

We put more emphasis on profits, then on customer service.

They have cut hours like crazy and they expect us to do 200 scripts a day with one pharmacist and one tech. It is no wonder customers are dissatisfied, we are clearly overworked and stressed.

I'm a pharmacy tech at Walgreens and customers are beyond rude to us. I take, type the directions, fill, and sell the scripts. We have 2 techs and 1 pharmacist during the day. If I work mid shift I have to cover 2 lanes in drive thru, the front counter and a drop off window. With help some from the filler and pharmacist when they can help. The filler also has to post our order and get our truck put away. On top of a million other job responsibilities. In any given day our order could be 12 totes filled with drugs.

At my pharmacy we fill about 250 scripts a day. The amount of work that is expected out of the pharmacy staff is ridicules. So when there is a problem with YOUR insurance that YOU can fix I will ask you to call YOUR insurance. I can't hold your hand all the time. If YOUR insurance changed I don't know how to bill YOUR new insurance without YOUR insurance card. If YOUR insurance has been cancelled I can't pay YOUR insurance for YOU. Gotta LOVE the Medicaid patients. "Why do I have to pay $3.00?" ummm because the state just paid $300.00 on your script that you really didn't need or that you are going to sell for a profit. It literally drives me insane!

When you drop off a script we don’t just head back to the filling area and start counting. There is a process that MUST be followed. It has to be scanned in the system. Then the deciphering of dr.s handwriting starts. I now have to type the directions out so YOU know how to take the medication. Most people don’t know what "tk 2 ts po bid qd" means. If you do then you should try to understand the process that happens in the pharmacy. So after I decipher and translate the scrip, then I must bill the script to your insurance. If there is any problem then I have to try and solve it. In between waiting on the drive thru and front counter. Then once it gets billed the pharmacist must check it. They need to makes sure we did everything properly and that the script is legal and the dr's signature is correct. We get fake scripts believe it or not. So then it can be filled. The filler, who might be helping with the counter, now needs to find and pull the drug. If it's a controlled substance it must be double counted by the tech and in our pharmacy (we have lots of druggies) the pharmacist also counts it. So if you are getting Adderall it's getting counted 3 times. Then it's put it line to be checked again by pharmacist. And keep in mind there could be some scripts in front yours. She has to verify the drug in the vial, also double check the directions and then make sure that you are not allergic to the drug or have any drug interactions with anything else that you are taking. After that the script can finally be sold.

I love my drive thru customers. I wait on people in order. When I am waiting on someone in lane 1 and you pull up in lane 2 and press the God *** call button I want to rip your *** head off. I am CLEARLY helping someone else!! Or do you not see that?? Wait your turn!! Didn't we all learn this in elementary school? There is ONE person helping the drive thru. There is only one register in the drive thru. I can only ring up one person at a time. I can only do one thing at a time. Unless you want me to mix up the scripts and give you the wrong one. Also if someone walks up to the counter at the same time you pull up in the drive thru, I am getting the person at the counter first. They have already been there longer than you and I respect them a bit more because they were not to LAZY to come inside. And never pull through my *** drive through and ask me the price of some shampoo or for me to get your photos for you. I have enough to do. I am not your personal shopper. If you work at Wal-Mart in the deli and I ask you to get me some shampoo or pick up my photos does that make sense? Nope sure doesn't. I work IN the pharmacy. I don’t have time to get your *** photos for you.

I would challenge anyone to work in a pharmacy for a week and you will leave wanting to kill yourself. It takes tons of patients, Advil, and several beers on Friday night for me to do this job. I am very very nice to every patient that comes in. Until you give me a reason not to be. I love helping people. If you have no insurance I would love to run your script through a discount program I saved someone over $100 on a prescription the other day and he didn't even thank me. He was rude for having to pay the $22. It didn't cost him anything.

What gets me the most is when someone gets 12 scripts for $7 and they complain. And yet here is a woman whose husband has cancer and she pays $300 for 2 scripts and smiles and thanks you. It’s unbelievable how people feel they are entitled to free (or almost free) stuff. We have a patient who has Medicaid for herself and her kids and she drives a BRAND NEW dodge charger. It's hard to be nice to people like that.

#281928

I am a Walgreens tech and we experience rudeness from the patience way too much! People yell at us and insult us for insurance probles that is not even our fault, or get really mad for having to pay a $2 co-paying saying "they should not pay for anything since they are on a Health Care Cost Containment System" Come on people you are pretty much getting it "free" and you complain about $2!!! But, yes we techs experience too much rudness from patience/customers by getting yelled at, prescriptions and money thrown at us, frwoning at us, etc etc :eek

Debbie Na Tardus at the Walgreens in Las Vegas on the corner of Spring Mountain and Jones is the worst Pharmacist in the world. She is rude to customers and makes wrongful accusations!! She should be fired A.S.A.P!

to all pharmacy techs who think your the client and not the pharmacist. Your dealing drugs and your fighting for drugs. is that why your always so rude to customers??

i asked my pharmacyst she is being rude and what did she say... nothing. she then turned the convo around and said i was rude. she didnt even talk to my insurance.. i dealt with everything and when i would ask them to do something they would simply say no.

WOW. *** all rude walgreens pharmacyst. they see sick people each and every day. if these people are rude to the sick... they obviously only care for themselves. customers are always rude... it is your duty to hide your emotions and give the customer a descent experience.

i cant get my medication for anxiety and look what theyv done.. gave me even MORE anxiety.

thankyou catherine lee and Raylene watever the *** ur last name is.

to bad experience Los Angeles, California, United States #583225

Shut the *** up..most ! Most customers who come into our pharmacy are freekin dumb, they dont even know the names of the meds they injest..lmao let alone what they are for.

How freekin *** can u get?? Most customers are druggies or white and black trash :-) and u think we r rude??! As techs we are very very busy and short staffed, sorry but we have no time to kiss and wipe your *** for u. Put on your big boy/girl pants..get it together..and just let me ring your *** meds up for u without *** questions like..how many refills left on my prescription do i have?

It says on the *** script front page! Jesus u r a *** ***! Seriously.

Get it together people. Get it together.