I thought it was bad when Walgreens could not even transcribe a prescription correctly for the label on the bottle, they have shown they are even more inept at the pharmaceutical business.
I tried contacting Walgreens yesterday to get a refill on a long-standing prescription, for the narcotic Hydrocodine. I knew there was one refill left on the prescription that I had not filled yet. After hours of being refused a refill, I was finally told that the reason was because when the law changed about three weeks ago Walgreens did not know how to set the computers to bypass it for refills already in place. I had never been notified of this previously. If I immediately knew this was going to be a problem I could've contacted the doctor. This occurred on Friday morning when my pain management doctor is not in the office and my regular physician is on vacation until the end of the month. I began rationing what few pills I had left as soon as I heard the news and try contacting anyone to give me some suggestions even asked what over-the-counter drugs would be the best to take to manage my pain. I got little sleep last night as my pain was slowly increasing. I have now gone far over The recommended daily limit for any nonnarcotic NSAIDs. I don't want to destroy my liver simply because Walgreens couldn't figure out which buttons to push. And since I have been on this medication for over 25 years I'm afraid I may even go into a physical withdrawal because they would not fill the refill I legally am entitled to. Of course I may not be sure if it is physical withdrawal or just excruciating pain.
I know I'm not the only person in this position I know other people that I'm afraid maybe in a worse situation than what I am right now.
The pharmacist at the Walgreens in Midland Texas explained to me that the reason they would Dennis was because a lot changed to try and stop people from selling their medication instead of taking it. I do take my medication. I even undergo random urine screening drug test to prove that I'm taking my medication. I have never sold any medication to anyone, even though increasing price the prescriptions has made the thought tempting for some just to be able to keep on the medications they need. If I need to contact in order to file a lawsuit I would. I would love to see a class-action suit against Walgreens regarding this issue. They are putting peoples lives in danger, forcing them to take other routes which may even be illegal to try and control their pain and they are flippant about it when spoke to you on the phone. One young man on the phone told me just take a Tylenol. I pray you never feels the kind of pain this disease is good on me. I thought it was bad when they refused to sell the syringes for my B12 injections when they sold me the bottles of B12. I now know they have no concern for their customers or for the clientele using their prescription services.
Until yesterday, I did not realize that Walgreens was not one big company but conglomeration of separate pharmacies. They advertise that you can have your prescriptions transferred between stores in different areas, this is not the case. I've had problems before but they were minor. Now they tell me that although I live between two states during the year I will not be able to fill my prescriptions at Walgreens at each location. I was told by the pharmacist that they are unable to transfer prescriptions into New Mexico. I live part-time in New Mexico due to my health so I cannot simply stay in the extreme west Texas heat just because walgreens cannot or will not transfer prescriptions. That aren't the ones paying to have a doctor in each state, or paying my travel expenses because I have to come back once a month to fill a prescription. My pain management doctor only writes prescriptions during office visits and although I am totally disabled, I doubt Medicare or my other insurance would cover refill visits once a month. Medicare never covers refill visits, which I find as ridiculous as walgreens services, when those prescriptions might keep medical cost down for Medicare participants.
If anyone Knows how to start a class action suit, or if there is one already started, I would love to be at the first of the line.
I have attempted to add photographic proof to this review, but there is nothing verifying it uploaded.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- What they said they were
What I disliked
- What they are uncaring liars
- Treat customers rudely
- Have no compassion
- Hide behind laws
- Refuse to stand by the law
- Reason of review:
- Refusal to fulfill a legal prescription due to a computer change and damaging my health from that refusal
- Preferred solution:
- Since Walgreens cannot change the law, they could at least figure a way to fill prescriptions owed and they should be liable for any and all medical bills incurred from this omission. They need to go by there promise as well, and be that "neighborhood p
- Product or service
- Prescription Refill
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
You May Also Like
- "I was disabled 5 yrs ago by a drunk driver. Now, I am on SO much morphine and other mind altering drugs because of the pain and burning sensation that..."
- "Dear Garcium, I am reporting this to the fraud team. I am not happy that you have taken hundreds of dollars from my card without consent! My name is..."
- "How did a medication that is considered a lethal narcotic (Nucynta- tapentadol) end up in a bottle with my son's name on it? Upon retrieving another medication that was prescribed..."
- "I have been on hold for over 40 min to make a reservation. I keep hearing the recording they "know my time is valuable... Still holding......."
- "They claimed I won but easily started feeling as it was a scam. Claimed I won 100,000 in jewlery and 10,000 in cash. Just $50. After he realized I wasn't..."
- "Your WFG recruiter makes a big deal about how his MLM sells "hundred of products from dozens of companies." In truth WFG structures its promotion and compensation plan to push..."
- "It is taking several weeks just to receive my exchange order. The first time I called to do the exchange I was sent a confirmation by email; however, it did..."
- "NAME: Check People, LLC. ACCREDITED BUSINESS: NO CONTACT: Ethan Rodriguez ADDRESS: Check People advertises free people search, or $1.00 reverse phone lookup, I thought good price like an ***, utilized..."