1.6
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

Walgreens is double billing insurance. They billed my primary insurance the in network cost for my prescriptions, which was then applied to my deductible. Then they should have billed the remaining amount to my secondary insurance, Scriptcare. Instead, they billed the Scriptcare the rate of the prescriptions without the primary insurance negotiated rate.

My company offers an employee reimbursement plan. Scriptcare is linked to each of our individual "accounts." The money taken out of this account can only be done from a pharmacy or the plan administor. Any money that is used from this account should go towards my primary insurance deductible. Instead, since Walgreens is a despicable company and they billed my primary insurance the negotiated rate and Scriptcare the rate without any insurance, only the negotiated rate was applied to my deductible. They literally stole over $300 from me just from two prescriptions. After doing extensive research, I've discovered they've been doing this to all of my co-workers too. They stole over a grand in one year.

I called the Walgreens integrity hotline on hopes to resolve this issue. I have not heard back, it has been over three weeks.

Please share this important information with anyone you know that uses a Walgreens pharmacy.

A. Don't use a Walgreens pharmacyB. If you feel you must continue isn't Walgreens, ONLY use your primary insurance. Pay the remaining balance out of pocket and submit the receipt and the prescription information with your secondary insurance company.

Situations will vary depending on your insurance plan. I recommend you present this information to your medical benefits coordinator.

• Double Billing