1.4

Oh yes I've experienced this similar situation. I called in a refill for a controlled substance medication.

I have never counted any of the pills that I receive from a pharmacy. I ran out of this drug sooner than I should have. I called my doctor that prescribes the drug to me and asked for a refill because I only have 5 pills left. My doctor said you can't refill this now because it's too early and it is for a controlled substance.

He said come in and see me. After we talked for a few minutes he accused me of being an addict and that I shouldn't be taking more of this drug than what is prescribed. I said I didn't do that. He said well the math doesn't add up and I can't give you a refill now or I would lose my license to practice medicine.

He said if you have 5 pills left just cut them in half and blah, blah, blah. I said so I shouldn't experience any side effects from not taking the medicine like I should be? He said no you'll be fine. Two days later I end up in the emergency room with a swollen tongue, my throat was closing up, I had blurred vision, dizziness and so on.

Well the doctor in the emergency room would only give me one half of a tablet of this drug which did nothing for me. He also accused me of being an addict and to go get help with my addiction before it gets out of hand!!! By now I am totally outraged!!!; Anyway, how this turns out is once my refill could be filled at Walgreens I picked it up and went home. I don't know what prompted me to do this but I counted the number of pills in the bottle.

I was short 30 pills. I immediately called the pharmacy and talked to the pharmacist and told him what I had found. He said come in now and we'll get this right for you which I did. The pharmacy tech that worked on filling my script swore she counted the pills twice.

Everyone back in the pharmacy had some excuse that they didn't have anything to do with filling that script. So now, as per the request of that same pharmacist, I count these pills BEFORE I leave the counter when I get a refill of them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Comments