Capitol Heights, Maryland

Today1-8-16, my wife had rotator cuff surgery. The hospital, Frederick Memorial in Md, has an agreement for outpatient controlled pain Medication and placed an Rx with them.

We have not received new insurance cards but our company gave us the member number, and 888 number to phone for approval on the back of a company business card that belonged. To my wife who's name was on the prescription. The clerk, a young lady flatly refused to phone to verify the insurance. Knowing that my wife was about to be in a great deal of pain, I paid cash.

We had another RX for nausea to take with the pain meds.

I drove to a CVS, gave the card to a very nice tech who checked the information on the computer and pleasantly informed us that it went right through and would be ready in 15 minutes. Walgreens on Opossumtown Pike...0 stars and a lost customer forever. CVS on Rosemont Avenue, 5 stars and a customer for life!

To Frederick Memorial Hospital, great place, excellent care, but dump Wallgreens!

We are senior citizens and every penny counts. #WalgreensSucks

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Comments

cmthomas07

So happy your issue was resolved. In my situation,there is nothing that can ever resolve problems I experienced with Walgreens pharmacy, Wick at Telegraph, Taylor MI 48180

I will never do business with Walgreens again.

#1091991

This review was for Wallgreens on Opossumtown Pike in Frederick, MD.

The issue was resolved by the manager, Austin, who was very professional and acted quickly. He phoned the CVS that handled the second Rx and got the insurance information and then invited me back to pick up my refund.

All companies make mistakes, it is how they solve them that counts.

Great reaction to my compliant and my impression of them has been restored. Thank you Austin!