Fort Myers, Florida

Went to a Walgreens in Bonita Springs, FL to drop off 3 prescriptions for my son's severely inflamed eye. Had to wait over half an hour just to hand over the scripts to pharmacy.

Was told they would not be ready until tomorrow. WTF??!! What are sick people supposed to do? My husband decided to try a 24 hour Walgreens much further away from our home to get the prescriptions filled.

He called in advance put in the order, drove 1/2 hour to the store, waited another half hour for the perscriptions and then was told they could only fill 2 of the 3 prescriptions. Have to go again tomorrow to fill the 3rd. In the mean time my kids poor eye is oozing, painful. The kid can't study, sleep, drive...

Etc. my question is what if this was a life threatening situation?

My kid will survive, but what about people picking up diabetes or heart meds, for example? Are they just supposed to keel over, go into a coma, or die?

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Comments

LadyScot

You can not call ahead a prescription. Only a doctor can do that.

Sometimes, you have to wait your turn, or go to another pharmacy.

That is what other people, and yes, even emergency meds, do. Or go to the ER and get an emergency script.

You mean to tell me, you actually had to wait your turn? The first Walgreens would not shut down operations and tend to your (non-emergent) needs before all those who were ahead of you?

And it's Walgreen's fault that your prescribed medication has to be ordered? Perhaps they should've pulled it out of their magic hat for you!

Oh cry me a river!!! The world does not revolve around you, Princess!!!