1.1
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I have been a customer of Walgreens pharmacy for about 5 years. There were times I got completely frustrated with them and switched over to Walmart and A local pharmacy, but their app is very convenient so I kept returning... However my last several experiences with their techs, really make the app useless. The techs rely so heavily on the automated system, it does not seem as though they know how to communicate and call in a timely manner when there seems to be an issue with a prescription.

My last visit, the techs never called that there was an issue. Five hours later when my husband went to pick up the script, they said there was an insurance problem. At 6:45, when I called, after waiting on hold for 10 minutes to speak with a live person, I explained to the tech how I had dropped off a new prescription with a different dosage amount. The tech said they couldn't rectify the script because the insurance company was closed and to check the next day. After asking to speak with the pharmacist, the story changed. I also found out that she had lied about the insurance company being closed. After speaking with the pharmacist (who was nice) I picked up the script. The tech did not apologize for the inconvenience and was extremely unprofessional. If this was the first or second time this happened maybe I'd brush it off, but after the 4th or 5th time, it's unacceptable. They really need more staff who are competent, have better training, and who focus on customer service.

The Walgreens brand claims to be so focused in health and humanitarianism efforts. But they should really have more focus when it comes to the front lines and the local community. Perhaps spending more of their money on their staff, than on their commercials. It's nice to see on the commercials of what they are trying to do to help the world, but it looks like smoke and mirrors when at the local stores there is such poor service. The automated systems, may be convenient, but that lack of common sense, personalism and professionalism, makes Walgreens seem like just another big company who cares more about profits than the people.

I will be going elsewhere and will no longer be using their services or shopping at their store. I strongly recommend anyone who is looking for a pharmacy to research other locations.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). vreilly81 is overall dissatisfied with Walgreens. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Walgreens.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Drug Stores and Drugs category for more informed decision or compare Walgreens to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

With your attitude I am sure you won't be missed.

to Anonymous #1090632

Feeling is mutual.... Funny you'd expect any positive reviews from a website called pissedconsumer. If you want more friendly attitudes, perhaps you should try superhappyandcontentdelightedcustomers.com

to Anonymous #1093541

This is a public forum, people can post responses even if it hurts your feelings. This is for reviews where you have been wronged, not for five year old's to throw temper tantrums when things do not go their way.