Yesterday I went on my monthly trip to my doctor and and dropped off my Rx to my local Walgreens to fill as I have done for a few months now. The pharmacist refused to honor the Rx citing that they are not filling from my doctor because they are having a meeting about schedule2 medications. I was blown off by the very same pharmacist that honored my prescriptions prior. This caused a major inconvenience for me. I cannot see the sense in turning away a regular customer. Not to mention that my doctor is a legitimate physician who takes his practice seriously. He adjusted my regimen to suit my needs without overmedicating me.

These phamacists need to realize that there a many of us who have actual issues and need those meds to enjoy a higher quality of life. I live in Florida and we are all aware of the gross over prescribing that goes on here. But there are still good doctors who care about their patients. I infuriates me that I have to see all these commercials about "my neighborhood Pharmacy" but cant get service like the actors do.

Get with the program! Its easy to tell if somebody is a doper. Ask the doctor for a diagnosis when you verify. ***, it would make all of us chronic pain sufferers breathe easy without the extra pain (in the ***) of chasing down our much needed medication.

I think the ordeal I went through has helped me to decide to remove my entire family from Walgreens. We have been using them for over ten years and do quite a bit of business with them, having two children.

They gave me a great reason to support my local mom and pop neighborhood phramacy. There I got service with a smile and we had no problem getting my medicine. I guess there is some truth to bigger isnt better.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS! And tell the corporate greed machine to gett of that corner!

Review about: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

just found out recently my mom had stage 4 lung cancer and has been seein a oncologist for 4 months.He perscibed oxycodon 10mg .The dr who works at a cancer center instructed us that when we fill the script to go to the same pharmacy everytime.So for 4months we have been feeling them at walgreen because her regular pharmacy does not carry that.

So for 4 months we been getting it filled at walgreen written by a well know oncologist every 30day days for 4months. She does not abuse them and take them as directed. she was so rude and said she will not fill it n dont have to..Gave no reason its in the computer everytime she fills and never had issue with any other walgreen than the one on 22nd ave n and 66th st in st petersburg fl. the way she spoke to me i have never been spoke to like that in my whole life.

I called the store to complain talked to 2 different ppl than the same pharmasist grab the phone and said the other woman can t talk anymore and said she would not fill it and doesnt have to and i ask for her name it was linda and hen i asked her last name she told me she didnt have to tell me. Again said im not filling i dont have to or have to give you a reason and dont come to this walgreens or any other walgreens again..Very outrage found the number to corporate headquaters and will be calling monday.. Somethin will be done about this i dont play when ikt comes to my mothers life. Oh n then she tells me to switch all the meds over to there and she...

I said why so in 2weeks when she has to start getting shots in her stomach you wont sell me the needles cause you think now shes a drug addict.. I take care of my mother and am responsible for gettin this done.. IK went to medical school for 2years and everything is tracked by the FDA and if you do not abuse them then there should not be a problem. I doesnt bother me she wouldt fill them it was the way she spoke to me.Something will b done about this I will stand u[p for the ppl that need the pain medication just to get threw 1day.

I struggle with scoliosis and chronic migrane i understand what it is like to be in constent pain and the meds ju7st make your life livable and bearable.

I dont Understand why the FDA would make maedication to relieve your pain so you do not have to suffer and then will stop giveing it to you..Vedry outraged and i will help fix this

Use to go to the Walgreens in brooksville to and then was told by head of the pharmacy he could not fill any more and gave me at least five different reasons.After calling home office and district they keep telling me its up to them if they want to fill them. Then I found a Walgreens fifteen minutes from there that would fill my one and to my surprise they used my discount card and told me all stores are suppose to and that told me they took about eight hundred dollars from me.You can't trust anyone.

sabrinawms

:( I had a doctor's visit on Aug 2,2012 in Boca Raton, Fla.My doc has been in business of pain management for almost 30 years now and hew was referred to me by the National Pain Institute.

I have been a loyal customer of Walgreens since 1990 and on the 2nd of Aug 2012 I went in with 2 schedule ll meds and they all flat out refused to fill them. Now keep in mind that I have been on the same meds for almost 10 years now and have been getting them filled at walgreens. The dosage is not high. Short-term medication is 2 oxycodone 15mg twice a day ( every 12 hours)and MS Contin 30mg twice a day (every 12 hours) But I do not take them at together at the same time.

I would wait at least 5 hours after I take the MS Contin before I take one of the 15mg. I went to every walgreens in St. Luice County and they all refused me service. I even had 2 of the pharmacy tell me nothing is wrong with me.

So went home and grab my medical records to show them that there is something wrong with me. I'm in need of a total hip replacement, should replacement for both shoulder and 2 herniated disks and I suffer from RA. I'm in the process of making a complaint against wallgreens . I spoke with the Executive Director of the Pharmacy Board and he told me to get all of the pharmacist names, DEA #, store locations and phone number and send it over to him ASAP.

I know that there are people out there who are...

This has been my experience starting from 8-2-2012 to current.Still no hope ..

sabrinawms

I know that there are people out there who are...

This has been my experience starting from 8-2-2012 to current.Still no hope ..

:( I went to fill my med today which I have been doing for over 20 yrs to be told they won't be filling meds for my Dr anymore.I was like WHAT???

I am a chronic pain patient and my Dr is a fantastic respected Dr.I HATE WALGREENS AND NOW THEY HAVE LOST A 60,000 a year account

I have been filling the same prescription at my local wallgreens for 7+ years now, ever since I moved here. Today I was told by the pharmacist, who I have had an issue with in the past, he will not fill my prescription there anymore.

What I find really troubling is the last visit to the doctor's office I signed an affidavit that states I would not fill my prescription anywhere else..

It is painfully obvious these people have a total disregard for the well being of their patients. I am disgusted with this individual, and Wallgreens for employing such an apathetic individual.

Nothing would please me more than seeing a boycott of the entire chain.

I hope the rest of you fair better than I.

Roxicodone 30mg #180 from Dr Pill Mill?

I have the same problem.But I work 2 hours away from home, and see a physcian there because of my work schedule.

A legitimate doctor who doesnt want to change my medication until after I go through a fusion in Feb. Im buying time to aquire sick time and additional vacation time for obvious reasons. I offered Scott to look at my medical records and treatment plans. No not one ounce of interest to assist me unless I change doctors.

The only doctor who write the perscription are quacks. Or require me to change medications. Then the medications will not work after a fusion and I will need stronger drugs. I always thought doctors and pharmisist were suppose to help.

So THANKYOU TO ALL THE QUACKS AND DRUG ADDICTS FOR MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET THE HELP I NEED

Thanks scott for being a cold hearted *** and treating me like a drug addict.Thanks for no compassion for the legitimate patients and I hope you suffer a miserable long term injury and discover cancer at the same time like I have been through

Was your CII medication written for oxycodone / roxicodone? Also, was it prescribed by a local doctor, and by local I mean a doctor who is within a 15-20 minute drive from you actual residence? Because I can only think of a handful of reasons that a pharmacy would refuse to fill your "Quality of life, have to chasing down medication" that was probably written for well over 140 pills at 30 mg each.