New Port Richey, Florida
3.8K views

Update by user May 15, 2013

I have lived in the area for over 30 years. The other pharmacies wanted me to have my M.D. prescribe me 10 (TEN) additional non-narcotic medications in order for them to fill my Rx. I believe this is a form of extortion and a conflict of interest for a pharmacy to make such demands.

Chronic pain is a serious, debilitating condition that requires strict, supervised care from a medical doctor. I have tried numerous alternative therapies to manage my pain without much success. My M.D. has my x-ray films, my blood work results, my biopsy results, my nerve conduction results, and my entire medical history.

For a pharmacist to deny his written orders for my medication because I fail to meet certain undisclosed criteria is beyond unprofessional and unethical conduct--its criminal!

Original review posted by user May 14, 2013

All of the Walgreens Pharmacies in Pasco County Florida have refused to honor my valid prescription for pain medication written by my Board Certified Medical Doctor. Other pharmacies such as CVS, Publix, and Sweetbay have also refused to fill my script. Walgreens used to consistently fill my medication; recently however, a Walgreens pharmacist told me that I do not meet certain criteria to have my pain medication filled. The pharmacist would not reveal the criteria, stating that it was against Walgreens’ corporate policy to speak about that with customers. Even though the pharmacy had the medication in-stock, I was denied because I did not meet their "secret criteria." I am in excruciating pain, and suffering withdrawal symptoms because I am forced to suddenly stop taking my medication--one of the warnings that are stated in the literature that accompanied my prior scripts.

The only solution I can think of is initiating a class action lawsuit against Walgreens, et al. I have contacted Morgan & Morgan (http://www.forthepeople.com/contact_us.htm) and urge anybody who is having a similar problem to do the same. They may be reached at: 877-667-4265.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pharmacist.

• Walgreens ethical violation
  • refused to fill script
  • Pharmacy abuse

Comments

brianww777
@Vic

Thank you!

jaswars
@Vic

Thank you for standing up and putting him in his place. I cannot stand ignorance.

I wonder if that moronic reply from that guy has Chronic Pain?

I dont think so.

@anonymous

In case you haven't noticed, anonymous from Sioux Falls is one of those professional repliers who's job seems to be to contradict every statement made by anyone who posts or comments a contrary statement about Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and several other entities.

Pay no attention to him. He is an ****** and could care less about anyone's situation if it is different than his "cause".

brianww777
@Anonymous

Thank you!

@brianww777

I just went to 5 walgreens and they all said they dont have it available. I have been on the same medication for the past 12 years and I have been sent away many times because they dont have my medicine available or the walgreens pharmicist refused cause they are not comfortable.

I have had the same doctor for 13 years and he is not a pill mill doctor as many assume you get pain meds prescribed only from pill mills and they all assume your an addict just because you are on pain medicine. Thats not so with many of us who have legitamate chronic pain and have never misused or doctor shopped and have had the sam doctor and same script for over 12 years or more. Its not fair that they have walgreens has the right to discriminate against me and refuse to fill my script based on others who are scammers.

I am sick and tired of walgreens who ive been a loyal and upstanding citizen decide when they have new employees pass judgement on me just because they are new.

My doctor is on clearwater and i live in dunedin and the clearwater location in which ive been too many times because its close to my doctors office will not fill my prescription because i live in dunedin. Shame on walgreens for such discrimination without having a legitamite excuse to refuse service to me after wasting my time and gas and refusing to fill and overide a doctors order.

Viktoria1
@brianww777

I changed from "anonymous" to a real profile. And you're welcome.

I can't stand Walgreens either. I am also a chronic pain patient, I go to a legit dr., have legit medical records, the whole nine yards but have been sent around wasting gas by Walgreens and their nonsense and being "out of that". Everyone who is in pain is not a druggie or diverting their scripts. It's crazy how we are treated.

It's about time something is done for us so the "war on drugs" stops being the "war on pain patients".

Walgreens is the worst, I quit using them 2 months ago and hope they go bankrupt. They have the rudest pharmacists as well.

jaswars
@anonymous

sure alternative forms fo therapy may have helped you. It didnt work for me and i tried it all.