2.1K views

can you imagine charging 9.99 for 2 pasport photos!the customer service personn agrred with us of the high price bur did not advice us of the price but after the pictures were taken and printed.

this is the price indicated by corporate?? or by the local manager??? which store: US6 at west airport blvd, sugar land, texas, 77498.

what a steal!!!DO NOT GO TO WALGREENS FOR PASSPORT PHOTOS OR FOR ANYTHING ELSE...on top of that we had to wait an hour because they were low on employees and the same salesperson was attending photos and the pharmacy.

Review about: Walgreens Manager.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

ya they take a pic with a crappy camera (ipad camera are better)

Los Angeles, California, United States #594237

Do these people live in the 21st century? Passport photos are $8 for auto club members and $15 for non members. With a $2 coupon, Walgreens is the same price with NO LINE

I have been all over Europe and I studied abarod in Budapest for four months and I love every bit of it.I know you will have a blast.

Here are some suggestions and things to keep in mind:Money and Exchange rate:I have been to Poland and you will be pleasantly surprised by the great exchange rate versus our dollar. It may not be as good for us now because of our economic situation compared to when I went, but it is still in our favor. Most other countries use the Euro though so beware. I found that most international goods like electronics and name brands have the same number amount, but use the Euro sign, which jacks up the true price for us nearly double.

(check before you go at xe.com, this site will translate any dollar amount for estimating traveling expenses before you go) Accomodations:I often traveled around with my friends using Hostels. If you have never stayed in one before, trust me, there are some decent ones out there, and unlike the myths, most have private bedrooms with bathrooms. None of this 20 person bunk bed scenario, although many do have that. My philosophy of travel is, get a cheap hotel room so you have more money to spend on the food and site seeing.

You will only be sleeping there and nothing more anyways. Here is a site I always use for hostels: hostelworld.com (They even display prices in US dollars to make purchasing easier) Language:Pretty much any major or capital city will have english speakers, and because it is...

Bluntly jabbering in English right away is rude to them. For smaller towns though, bring dictionaries and translators!!! I got lost in a random small town in Hungary by getting on a wrong train and me and my friends were lucky enough to use the very little Hungarian we knew to get us back to Budapest. No English was used out there in the countryside.

Food:I highly recommend that you keep an open mind and try everything. Do not make rude facial expressions if you see skinned animals hanging from butcher shops or whatever. Polish food was really good when I went. Get the homemade Perogies Money/ATM:I suggest using your debit or credit card as often as you can so you don't get charged for using foreign ATMs overseas.

The charges add up and really it's safer not to carry so much cash anyways. Keep some on hand though for public transportation and taxis though. Safety:Because it's a foreign area and you don't know where the dangerous areas are as a tourist, just use common judgement as you would anywhere else. Honestly, I felt safer in many parts of Europe like in Paris and London than I do at home in parts of San Francisco or Oakland.

Finally, my biggest piece of advise is to go with an open mind. And realize that though it is first world over there, there are also different standards and customs. Tipping at restaurants is one thing. Most places in Europe you leave little to no tip but be sure to read up on that before going to each place.

Also, you will run into people that absolutely adore Americans and those that will talk about you right to your face in a language you don't know. Just be prepared for the ignorant European ***, and don't be an American *** as well.

Mingle with the locals and you will spark up very interesting conversations and you will come back with a broader perspective of the world.I hope this in informative and helpful, feel free to contact me for more questions benwells89@yahoo.com

It is not illegal to take passport picture yourself in the U.S. I took mine at home, cropped them to 2x2 size on a 4x6 template and printed them at Walgreens for $.19.

The post office was charging 20 dollars for them so u got them cheap plus these prices are set by corporate also not many places take passports any more so u don't have much of a choice since its illegal to take them yourself ....

not to mention that there is a big sign staing how much they cost. READ>

well almost ANYWHERE you go pictures for passaports are about ten bucks now a days so how are u getting riped off?? any anyways ask first and u could of refused the pictures if u wanted

MauiAl49

So you walk in and say "I need two passport photos." The employee takes the photos, processes them, and rings you up.No where did you state that you asked how much it would cost.

Sorry, but this is on you.If you don't ask the price, they are not obligated to tell you beforehand.

BigBruce

nikalseyn USED to get her pens for free :grin .

Seriously, you could have ASKED how much the pictures were BEFORE they were taken, but I'm assuming that you were too lazy...just like you were too lazy to hit and shift key and run the spell check before you posted.