1.2K views

Walgreens sucks, don't go here to fill a prescription. I am a patient person and when someone is going to give me $25 I can typically be even more patient. However, if you aren't going to follow through with the ads then just tell me up front, I won't be mad at that point.

However, if I do what you say then honor your word! Here's what happened today. I went to Walgreens to fill a prescription because I had seen the $25 promotion for filling a prescription there. When I got there I was told that it had to be a transfered prescription and couldn't be a new prescription. However, the woman behind the counter told me that if I went over to Publix and dropped off the prescription, I could transfer it and that would work. Well I needed some groceries so I went to Publix with a friend and her kids, dropped off my prescription, then got on my friends phone and transfered the prescription.

At the time the prescription said it would be ready I went back to Walgreen's to pick up my prescription and my $25 gift card as promised. When I got there they hadn't even called Publix to transfer the prescription and told me it would be another 30 minutes. Mind you I am 8 1/2 months pregnant with a 3 year old but thought we could run some more errands and then come back. I came back 30 minutes later and was told it would be another 10 mintes. So, we waited about another 20 minutes and again came back. Still, I am very patient because I am going to get my prescription and the $25. However when I came back they have now decided that there is some kind of bar code that I am supposed to have in order to get the gift card. They call over another guy, who I am guessing was the manager and he says that I am going to have to come into the store and fill out some paperwork that will take about another 30 minutes. I mean seriously what paperwork takes 30 minutes. But by this time my 3 year old is asleep in the back and I can't wake her up to go in so I said I can't come in my daughter is asleep in the back and it has been over 3 hours. A good manager would have said you know what I have to do this paperwork but if you drive around front I will stand with you and help you complete it. But no, the dumb guy tells me that I have to come in for a minimun of 30 minutes and do some paperwork or I won't get the gift card. Now remember pregnant, 3 year old asleep, and we have been out for over 3 hours, we have waited patiently but by this point my hormones are kicking in and I tell the guy to just give me my stuff back and I am not filling a prescription there.

Honestly, if they had just been honest when I walked in there at 1:30 and said we can't honor this coupon, for whatever reason, I would have been much more patient than I was at 4:30. Be honest and don't tell me to do one thing if you aren't going to honor it!

Comments

Totally agree with you. She's a loser, and I don't feel bad for her. She's not teaching her children how to be a hard working citizen who is honest.

Hampton, New Hampshire, United States #1080920

Exactly, low class lady who wastes peoples time

Hampton, New Hampshire, United States #1080912

You are a ***..very unethical. Making a pharmacy fill your rx and transfer it just to get $25. Stop popping out kids.

The only reason i walked into a Walgreens was because i needed to take a ***.

Milford, Michigan, United States #993070

Walgreens in greenville mi never has your scrips done even when there R two people in line 1 pill 20 minutes is BS! I hate this store!

to Anonymous Hampton, New Hampshire, United States #1080916

Wah.. Cry me a river.

You actually have to wait. Poor baby

Chicago, Illinois, United States #948047

Bought the Walgreen version of Z quill. Opened the box and went to pour the dosage, but the dose cup they provide had a hole in it.

Now I have sticky liquid all over me and the bedside. I called customer service and got NOTHING. They just don't care.

Next up is I'm going to give CVS a shot, seems I have as many of them around as Walgreen. Maybe they will care about the customer.

This place does not care about you! Poor Rx errors can't be tolerated!

Ever! Trust you life to walgreens....NOT!

North Richland Hills, Texas, United States #851330

I have been screwed around by Walgreens for the last time. I've been treated badly by them on several occasions but because they are close by I keep going back there.

NOT ANY MORE!

On three separate occasions they have told me my Rx would be ready in x minutes and when I get there, normally longer than the time they gave me, it is still not ready.

Today I called them to find out if I could get a refill (what I need has been out of stock for 2 months so I did not want to waste time if they did not yet have it) and I sat on hold for 65 minutes without ever getting to talk to anyone. How can any company expect a customer to sit on hold for that long!!

I hung up and called CVS and within 1.5 minutes I was talking to the pharmacist. they did not have what I need so called Kroger's and again within 3 minutes I had my Rx ordered.

I will never, ever set foot in a Walgreens EVER AGAIN!!!

Don't "Try" and get a prescription filled at Walgreens. The call center ALWAYS inputs incorrect info and it takes days to weeks to resolve proper insurance and/or billing mistakes they make in input.

Forget trying to get Brand name, they always default to generic even when the Doctor writes, Brand ONLY. The doctor has to write brand only medically necessary or they will code it incorrectly & your insurance will not cover the prescription.

Every month it's the same mistake even for the same prescription. Unprofessional, plan on average spending 2-3 hours trying to resolve their internal mistakes to get your prescription

If personal attacks will be deleted, as you say, the comment accusing someone of being fat should never have appeared. I am in full agreement that WALGREENS SUCKS.

I waited an hour and a half for three prescriptions after I was told 45 minutes. I understand, that was an estimate, so I didn't get upset. When I was told, after 1 1/2 hours that they didn't have one of my prescriptions in stock, I was upset. I drove to another Walgreens.

By this time it was 4 pm. The pharmasist wouldn't fill my prescription because he had never seen that dosage and by then my doctors office was closed so he just said no. I have trigeminal neuralgia, pretty much the most painful thing on earth. It's called the suicide disease because such a large percentage of sufferers can't bear the pain.

So to the person making light of others pain, I have to say be very careful because no one ever thinks anything bad can happen to them. It can and it does, and maybe some day it will be you on the opposite side of the counter. Karma is a ***. I will NEVER step foot in Walgreens again, and I will gpost on every pain website exactly how I was treated.

I spent $16,000 last year out of pocket just dealing with this injury. We are people, with real problems and should be treated with kindness.

"I agree with you, walgreens is a *** operation. Do you know that they are using non pharmacy techs to help "sell" you your prescriptions. Thats right, they have access to ALL YOUR INFORMATION, and are not even licensed by the state they are working in. I think that it is very important that we get that information out there. Help me do that."

That depends on the state one is in. In your state of Arizona one needs to have license from the state AND be PTCB certified, meaning they have to pass a national exam to work as a tech. You could get a license to be a trainee which does not require PTCB certification. You probably saw a manager or someone else with a license in regular store uniform and derived this theory. Get your facts straight before you accuse someone of something that you don't know anything about. No pharmacist is going to risk their license in order to have an unauthorized person work in their pharmacy.

I work for Walgreens as a technician and they have a "Do more with less" philosophy that I don't care for. Corporate advertises these promotions and deals in bold print but make the terms of the deals very small to patients. In turn, the patients yell at me for something I did not make but am required to follow by the company policy. The corporate really does not seem to care about any of their thousands of employees.

Angrycustomer2207, I sympathize with you about your experience. You shouldn't of had to fill out ANY paperwork; everything through that coupon card is done through our internal system. However, you have to realize that on the prescription coupon in bold letters says TRANSFER prescriptions. If you are unfamiliar with prescriptions I can understand the confusions.

You came to Walgreens and expected everything to be done the same day. That is possible but when you are transferring a prescription it involves communication between two pharmacies, and that takes more time to do. That isn't the same as walking in with a new prescription and waiting for it. Granted, they shouldn't have promised you 30 minutes then not had it ready, but that's still something you should recognize. From your reply it seems as if you gave Kroger much more time to get your prescription ready. You said, "They called me the night before to see if I would be coming in to pick it up." You dropped off a NEW prescription at Kroger which takes considerably less time to fill.

From your story, after you gave the prescription to Publix you never contacted Walgreens to let them know you dropped of the script. How do you expect them to transfer a prescription when you don't tell them to do so?

I could go on and on about this, but I will leave it at this: take responsibility for yourself and your medication and investigate the process before blaming the pharmacy for your ignorance.

I like that people who comment on this "Walgreens sucks" page are not coming back.....I can see you all have the same thing in common, no one wants to fill your medication. You blame pharmacies like walgreens because you can not take responsibility for your own actions and do something about your medical problem.

If you are being refused there is a reason, probably because you are taking multiple drugs for many years and your doctor does nothing to help you get off of these drugs that eat up your insides. All we hear day after day is I in pain, I ran out and I am going to die with out this, I going to sue if I die, I have to go to the ER to get this filled because no one will fill this, Blah, Blah Blah. Do you all take the same class of BullSh*ting 101. Do some research on what your taking and look at the effects if you can read that is and find out why a pharmacist will would deny you.

It is not because they do not want your money there trying to help you and also they do not want to problems with the DEA who is looking at everything very closely. So good luck to ya......LMAO

to Ha HA HA Montague, Michigan, United States #831155

I did not have a prescription to fill and I will never step foot in a Walgreens. They lie with sales that when you arrive then have to have a card that has all your information on it and they only let you have the sale price ONLY when you produce the card.

I am tired of chain stores making you give your information when you want to buy a tube of lipstick, (or something real embarrassing!). Walgreens is the worst store with really policies!

to nomorewags #831182

If that is really going on contact your states department of pharmacy.The way to get the word out there is to report them if this is true.

So you waste Publix time, dropping off your script there with no intention of filling it. They have to enter it into the system, then give the transfer when Walgreens calls.

You're part of the problem. IGNORANT!!

angrycustomer2207

Not sure why you posted this comment. I am actually 30 years old and if you remember the economy is quite bad right now so I will take my $25 when I can get it for free.

However, if you have extra money feel free to send it my way! I'm so glad you are doing so well in such a bad economy.

Just as an update, I actually went to Kroger the next day and filled the prescription. I was in and out in 10 minutes or less and got the $25 card they were offering and a sucker for my daughter.

They were very sweet. They called me the night before to see if I would be coming in to pick it up.

Let me guess. You are like 17 and on your second child.

You thought you could make a little money by switching pharmacies and using your gift card to buy diapers. I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. But it's okay because you yelled at some helpless cashier about it. Get a real job!

Then you won't have to get so angry about a $25 gift card you didn't get for doing nothing at all. I bet your fat.

to Jenny L. Lithia Springs, Georgia, United States #966175

You are insensitive person. I bet calling people names it makes you feel better about yourself. Which makes me think you have a low self-esteem.