I went to walgreens today to fill my pain prescription because my regular pharmacy was out.The pharmacist asked for my ID and insurance card, asked me several questions about allergies, have I taken this before, etc, then said he'd have to check his stock "and a couple other things".

He took my ID with him. After 5-10 minutes he returned and said he couldn't fill the prescription because I've been using the same one for more than 6 months and that it's "his policy" to not fill it because there are other, single dose alternatives. I asked him how the ptb could possibly know more than my doctor, who has been treating me for over 12 years, to which he replied that this is their policy and that other drug stores might fill it, but not theirs. Very upset.

How can anyone decide for me what my pain level is? I've never doctor shopped, never gone to multiple pharmacies for more than one prescription and have a single doctor who provides the same prescription every 4-6 weeks, depending on how often I need to control my pain.

I told the pharmacist that they have lost a long term customer and I left.Terrible policy that makes someone who is in pain feel very insulted, small and insignificant.

Review about: Walgreens Pharmacist.

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

The dea is up their butts. It's just a matter of time before they raid other chains as well. At least they don't lie and tell you that don't have it in Stock when they actually do like all the other chains.