Lake Mary, Florida

WHY DOES WALGREENS WANT TO DISHONOR MILITARY RETIREES?WALGREENS HAS CHOSEN NOT TO ACCEPT OUR TRICARE PRESCRIPTION COVERAGE EFFECTIVE 1/1/2012!

IT IS STRANGE THAT CVS WILL CONTINUE TO ACCEPT US, BUT WALGREENS WILL NOT. ALL MILITARY RETIREES NEED TO IMMEDIATELY CHANGE THERE PRESCRIPTIONS TO CVS OR ANOTHER PHARMACY TO ENSURE CONTINUED AVAILABILITY OF PRESCRIPTIONS!!!

THERE ARE OVER 56,000 OVER PHARMACIES THAT WILL C ONTINUE TO PROVIDE SERVICE TO RETIREES, SO IT CANNOT BE THAT THEY WILL LOSE MONEY FILLING OUR PRESRIPTIONS.WALGREENS HAS NOT RESPONDED TO MY SEVERAL E-MAILS CONCERNING THIS ISSUE.

WHAT IS THE REASON?

Review about: Tricare Health Insurance Coverage.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

It isn't not express scripts, it is tricare/DoD.Walgreen accepts my state of Delaware retirees express scripts plan, but not my Tricare express scripts plan.

What is the difference?

DoD wants to force you into mail order rather than use local retail stores which costs them more.It is DoD who doesn't care about it's military members.

Buzz

Retired service people are, of course, veterans.Why in h---

Would any veteran, family, friends, active duty military or

Anyone else buy anything there.

That is a slap in our face.I get

Mad just looking at their sign.

Walgreens also does not accept Tricare for payment of vaccinations....vaccination payments should not be processed by experess scripts, but, under medical coverage. I think Walgreens just does not want the military customer.

ln

Its the carrier that tricare uses - express scripts - that no longer holds a contract with walgreens.

walgreens actually offered petitions in every store for military members to get tricare to change carriers in order to still use walgreens. hth

Son

Its definitely not about Walgreens greed! Express scripts decreased Walgreens reimbursements and when Walgreens looked into it they noticed that all their customers company's aren't getting cheaper and so Walgreens says if your cutting back our reimbursement and not trying to save your customers money where is that money going and express scripts could not answer that question.

Genesis
Wagener, South Carolina, United States #394053

It is about mutual greed between Walgreens and Express Scripts.Express Scripts wants to pay Walgreens less to fill prescriptions.

Walgreens wants Express Scripts to pay more.

I am sure neither Walgreens nor Express Scripts are looking for 'ways to screw miliraty families.' They are looking for ways to screw anyone they can in order to make themselves more money

Tech

We wont keep tricare, esi, and perx because they make us lose money on every script we fill.Why would we do that?

How is that dishonoring? vets?

We just don't take their insurance.And why is your post in all caps?

Mark Harris

I called the Walgreens Corporate office @ 800-925-4733 on 07DEC2011 and talked to "Cindy." She was very nice but admitted she did not have any information about Walgreens ending the TRICARE relationship beginning 01JAN2012.

Daggeris

I am a Walgreens employee and I must say this is true.Express Scripts which is the company in charge of pharmacy coverage from Tricare, but not only Tricare, but other medicare pharmacy coverages, is wanting to pay way below the standard guidelines for the pharmacy services.

Walgreens DOES NOT want to lose Tricare patient, this disagreement will cost the company over 1,000,000 patients (that's just not to exaggerate).

Walgreens has been working hard to try to come to an understandable agreement, but the company refuses to come to any settlement.You can actually sign a petition form in Walgreens website to demand that Walgreens stay as a pharmacy provider.

Angry Pharmacist

Express scripts pharmacy coming to a mailbox near you. Maybe the mailman can help you next time you run out of your meds.