It is amazing to me that in the USA, which is SUPPOSED to have the greatest healthcare system in the world, yea right, that a 40 year old man with a major back injury can not get the medicine needed to function and go to work everyday and attempt to provide for his wife and children.Instead of complaining about my injury, which was caused by a drunk driver, and milking the American people and their tax dollars, I have worked through my injury for 15 years and been a valuable part of the American work force.

My injury requires back surgury but my insurance will not cover it because it is considered a pre-existing condition, go figure, that is another issue, I pay thousands of dollars for insurance that refuses to cover my surgery or medication. However I try and get up everyday and go to work, but the back pain is so severe that is makes it impossible to go to work without my medicaton. I am not a "junkie" a "crackhead" or "lose", like I have been called and treated like at Pharmacies all accross Orlando area. Wallgreens, which is supposed to be "Your Friend" and "Your neighborhood Pharmacy" tells me either they "dont have the medication" or "we don't even cary that "type" of medicine, what type?

the kind that allows me to get up everyday. And no, it is not ocycodone, oxcycotine, it is simple pain medicine. I can only hope that Wallgreens and all their horrible pharmacist have accidents and injuries that require the same care I need and can feel the pain, frustration and degrading self esteem they are giving their so called "patients" Some one needs to sue these horrible people who are acting like "God", deciding who gets their medication and who does not. And don't tell me it is a shortage at the manufactuar, I have seen people go in right before I do and after and get the same medication.

This is a crime and someone needs to stop it before we have millions of hard working American people on Disability, instead of working because these socialist Pharmacies are refusing to provide the American people with the medication they need to survive in a half way normal life. What a joke!

God has a special place in *** for Wallgreens pharmacist and their pompass, arragont attitude.I hope they have a semi truck slam into their car, crushing their back, then I can only wish they have to come to ME on their knees, begging for something to stop the horrible pain, I can only hope.............

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States #1149071

There is a walgreens a half a mile away from me and I drive 12 miles to a pharmacy that treats me like a disabled patient not a drug addict or drug dealer because they burned their *** ordering to many drugs and now make the customers pay by treating them like ***....I hope they go broke.

Miami, Florida, United States #871934

I also am having the same issue at Walgreens in Fort Lauderdale.I am on a methadone decrease program.

Under a drs. Care for the past 1 1/2 year. I went to refill the script at the same pharmacy that I have been going to for this entire time. They won't fill it.

No explanation. Without this medication I will be in full blown withdrawal in a day. The way they treat patients is disgusting. I have bloodwork, drs notes,everything has been done by the book, their book and everything is legit.

I'm *** of their ***.

Because Walgreens got in trouble for selling methadone to people who were not legit and they paid a huge fine, they are punishing all the patients who are legitimately on this medication under a doctors care!Good luck to you

On the corner of lol happy and health . More like on the corner of you dont look injured and we cant fill it

I agree i am treated the same way by A walgreens in perry hall maryland i work two jobs to support my family and l go to a pharmacy across the street from my dr.Office sometimes for my pain meds and l was told today at walgreens that i am pharmacy shopping.

Well first of all i go to 2 pharmacys the giant food and pharmacy next to my dr. Office which is across town and the walgreens by my house . Who the *** are they to tell me where i can and cant go. And when i try to explain my situation they will toss my perscription on the counter and walk away and say im sorry sir but i will not fill this .

I explianed to the pharm.. Mam if your telling me about the different places l fill my perscriptions how about looking at the dates and places i go to and get each time o . M . G .

I may have a point to make ... Meaning l get my pain pills the same time litterlly on the date they are written for like clock work ive been doing it for almost 5 years . But im confussed by the fact of if my dr. Who has talked to the walgreens almost everytime i get them filled and they have it on my file that he ok's the pain medication for me then why is it always a hassle for me to get my medication .

I have completly wrecked my body from sports and injurys i would give anything to take it back . Its awsome taking an hour or two to have to never want to get out of bed and work 2 jobs to support my family. Lol . But its uncalled for to go through this every time i go...

But what does my body and my dr. Know lol the walgreens pharamsit they for 100% know for sure what is best for me .

Lol if im ever in a horrible car wreck ill tell the ambo..Hey take me to walgreens 1 st so they can see the blood and broken bones so they can say ok maybe we can fill your meds for you ..., the walgreens in perry hall maryland on bel air rd is a complete joke

I agree that Walgreen's pharmacists need to be required to take a class in pain management and chronic pain.How can they think that chronic pain patients are drug addicts?

Don't they have any kind of medical training?

I too have experienced some problems at Walgreen's. In my town, Walgreen's has a virtual monopoly. There's a Walgreen's on just about every other street corner, and they've driven out the pharmacies that once competed with them.

So I don't even have an alternate pharmacy at which to fill my meds.It is so frustrating to have to put up with their ignorance and incompetence!

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROB WITH PAIN MEDS FROM MY SAME DOC EACH MONTH THEY FAX IT TO WALGREENS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND IT TAKES THEM USUALLY ABOUT 5 DAYS TO SAY THEY HAVE JUST NOW RECEIVED THE REFILL.YEAH RIGHT!!

I ONLY STILL USE WALGREENS BECASUE ITS CLOSE AND 24 HOURS. EVERYONE THERE IS RUDE, AND ALSO TREAT ME LIKE A JUNKIE, SORRY I HAVE DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE AND MY L5 IS RUPTURED AND L4 IS ALMOST, SO I DO NEED MY MEDS TO FUNCTION AND TAKE PART IN MY 6 YEARS OLDS LIFE. IVE BEEN ALL OVER WEBSITES TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO UNITE AGAINST THE WAYS WALGREENS DISGRIMINATES AGAINST CHRONIC PAIN MED RECIPIENTS AND I CANT EVEN FIND AN EMIAL, JUST THE 'CONTACT US' ON WALLGREENS.COM WHICH I AM SURE THEY WILL NOT EVEN BOTHER TO REPLY TO. AND FORGET ABOUT LOOKING UP CORP EMPLOYEES....LIKE A REVOLVING DOOR, PROB CAUSE OF THE UPCOMING CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM RE: IMPROPER WASTE AND MEDICAL DISPOSAL IN LANDFILLS THAT IS ABOOUT TO HIT THEM HARD.

I WISH IT WOULD JUST BE SIMPLE AND THERE WAS A CVS OR SOMETHING ELSE NEAR ME THAT IS 24 HOURS BUT THERE IS NOT. SEE IF I GET MY SCRIPT ON A MONDAY I HAVE TO USE THE 24 HOURS PHARMACY BECAUSE BY THE TIME WALGREENS GETS THEIR **** TOGETHER AND FILLS IT, BY THEN ITS USUSALLY 4 AM THE FOLLOWING SUNDAY....YES IT TAKES THEM THAT LONG FOR ONE SCRIPT, AND NO I DO NOT CALL THEM IN EARLY. THE MED NURSE AT MY DOC OFFICE IS SO UPSET WITH THEM BECAUSE IT REALLY DOES GO ON EACH MONTH. SHE HAS TO CALL THEM AND FAX THEM OVER AND OVER...

OH YEAH, ONE MORE THING, I HAVE INSURANCE, YET EACH TIME I GO TO PICK MY RX UP I GET TOLD A HUGE PRICE, TO WHICH I SAY PLEAS LOOK AT ALL MY PAST MEDS THE INSURANCE IS ON THERE, AND I USUALLY GET THIS: "NO YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY INSURANCE, IM THE ONE WITH THE COMPUTER" SO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT PROCESS AGAIN. I JUST RECENTLY SET UP WALLGREENS.COM IN ORDER TO AVOID TALKING TO THE STAFF AT ALL AND GUESS WHAT...MY INSURANCE IS LISTED RIGHT THERE UNDER MY NAME AND ADDRESS-PROB ALWAYS HAS BEEN. I TRUELY HATE BEING IN SUCH PAIN FOR A WEEK DUE TO THEIR INCOMPETENCE, I HATE THE HASSEL OF "LOST" SCRIPTS EVERYTIME, BUT EVEN MORE THAN ALL OF THAT I HATE HOW RUDE THE STAFF ARE. IVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS ONGOING PROB FOR OVER 2 YEARS NOW.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO ACTUALLY EMAIL SOMEONE HIGH UP IN THE PHARMACY DEPT OF CORP PLEASE LIST IT....PLEASE!!!THEY NEED TO MAKE SO CHANGES, AND I THINK THE STAFF SHOULD UNDERGO SOME SORT OF PAIN MANAGEMENT CLASSES, MAYBE THEN PATIENTS WOULD POSSIBLY GET SOME EMPATHY WITH THE HASSLE.

I say we unite and go corporate.The *** these wannabe DEA agents put me through EVERY month makes my condition even worse.

Recently for me was the last straw. I was crying and shaken after being treated like a junkie in front of other customers. First she looked at my scrip and handed it back saying, "We don't have it." Then it was that they didn't have enough.

In the end they had me come back for my FULL SCRIPT!I am over it and I am determined to receive justice for discrimination of character, not to mention the added pain and stress she caused me.

to Victoria Palm Bay, Florida, United States #611962

I agree.I was told that my prescriptions were no longer going to be filled because I travel outside my area to seek specialists of my condition.

I have put up with being treated like a junkie drug addict by their employees and the lead Pharmacist has told me I need to find a Doctor in my area..I live in the middle of the Ocala National Forest!

It is not right that they are dictating where and with whom I choose to seek my medical care.Thanks for posting!

hollins 1...he doesn't need to get a script that walgreens wants him to have!!!!It's between him and his DOCTOR WHAT TYPE HE NEEDS!!!Walgreens en Pharmacists ARE NOT M.D.'S!!!I even had one of their pharmacists go so far as to call my Dr. office...they told her to mind her business and do her job!!!

hollins1

SOUND'S LIKE YOU NEED TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR AND SEE IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET SOME OTHER TYPE OF PAIN MEDICATION.SINCE YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME GETTING IT.