58 views
Verified Reviewer

2.0

For 16+ years I've used the same 4 medications.

The first 3 years not a problem UNMH pharmacy always had my med's, 6 months supply? No problem, delivered to my mailbox?

No problem, like clock work, meds were always there.

The following 7 years under Walgreens Pharmacy were a constant roll a coaster ride.

Meds not available, short supply of one or all 4 of them.

Pharmacy techs running late, meds not filled on time.

Only 30 day supply approved, must be called in days ahead of time and picked up in person.

Just shy of $90.00 every month. With insurance coverage.

CVS begins to pop up in town, like bucket of fresh water to me, I thought.

Called CVS, the friendly Rx Tech says "Not a problem" 6 month supply? Not, but we can do 3. Always available?

Of course.

Lower price? Bring it on.

"OMG" thank you, Lord!!

Walked into CVS, Rx Tech read my meds list and states Yes! We have all of them.

Surprise, surprise, CVS monthly cost was $104.00 per month.

I run out of CVS as fast as my Bursitis allowed me to and stopped only at Walmart on my way home.

Again the Rx Tech states. "Not a problem" We got ample supply of all of your meds.

6 Months supply? Sorry we can't do that, but we can do 3 months at a time.

Now the sticker price shock. I thought to my self.

We got 3 out 4 on generic brand, the other has no generic alternative, with your Presbyterian insurance your out-of-pocket cost would be $48.00.

48×3= $144.00 I thought. Surprise!!!

No wait, A BIGGER SURPRISE.

Reluctant to believe what I've just heard I show the Rx Tech Walgreens receipt for one month supply and a printed estimate from CVS.

I see said the young lady behind the counter, looks at me and states $48.00 is our price for 3 months.

For the next 5 years Walmart would send a text message every time the medShop arounds were ready. It was GOOD until my employer hires a Rx management company called Express Scripts.

ES covers almost all corporate Pharmacies in the US except Walmart, furthermore, CVS goes out of business in town and the only Pharmacy covered under Express Scripts in town is Walgreens.

Needless to mention, I am back at the mercy of Walgreens.

User's recommendation: Shop around, compare prices, check with your insurance company.

Location: 5201 Central Avenue Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87108