Destin, Florida
2.7
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

I picked up a refill at Walgreens Destin Commons. When I opened the pills, the pills were not the same ones as I have been taking.

I called pharmacy and they said they were out of the refill I usually used and they substituted it for a brand from a different manufacturer. The pharmacy person stated that it was the same and to go ahead and take them. When I did, it gave me severe diarrhea. I tried to take them back and get the ones from the original manufacturer and the pharmacy person said they did not take them back, even though I explained they caused me problems and were not the same.

I ordered another prescription from the original manufacturer, and your pharmacy wants to charge me over $100. My co-pay is only $15. This is wrong. I have been a customer of yours for over 44 years and this episode is making me rethink my loyalty.

Please help.

Phillip Wilcox

wilcoxphil@aol.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pills.

Reason of review: wrong mfg..

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Walgreens Pros: Walgreens is fine.

Walgreens Cons: Pharmacy, Would not accept return.

• Walgreen pharmacy

Comments

LadyScot

Most drugs in this country have multiple manufacturers. It keeps the costs of commonly used drugs affordable.

You could have had a reaction to an ingredient in the new manufacturer.

Or you could have a bug and got the *** at the same time you took the medication. It could possibly be coincidence.

Just ask who the manufacturer is, or look it up, and you can read the ingredient list.

Odds are, *** are a side effect of the drug in question, and you just got lucky until now, as one of the *** ingredients could be a bit more in the new pills.