New York, New York

On June 8, 2010, I went to the Walgreens at 755 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11206 to buy eye drops. They were locked behind a panel. I asked a worker to get me the eyedrops. He pressed a call button and walked away without saying anything.

An automated announcement was made over the loudspeaker asking for help. No one came. The announcement kept repeating. I waited 15 minutes. No one came. I went to the register. The cashier was busy texting on her cellphone. I asked to speak to the manager. She told me to wait.

After waiting 10 minutes for the manager, I asked the cashier what the manager's name was. It was Miss Mays. I walked around the entire store calling out her name. I asked everyone in the pharmacy dept, the security guard. I walked around for 5 minutes calling out her name before she finally came up from downstairs.

I told her that locking merchandise up and not having anyone around with the key prevents shoppers from buying anything. I told her that Walgreens is understaffed. The workers are poorly trained, unfriendly and unhelpful. I told that no one on the staff was doing any visible work and a paying customer had to resort to walking around the store calling out the manager's name. Miss Mays was not particularly helpful and did not apologize.

I am totally outraged that it was necessary to wait one half hour to get the merchandise I needed. I will never shop at Walgreens again for the remainder of my life and I will encourage my friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to stay away from Walgreens. I will also publish my story on as many internet websites as I can.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Cashier.

Comments

I work at a Walgreens store and we always respond to calls and go out of our way to help our customers. I've personally gone above and beyond to help many customers, as have my coworkers, even when those customers weren't particularly nice to me in return. I understand your frustration and yes, those do sound like rude employees. But on the other hand, I've had people make similar complaints on myself and others where the details were absolutely warped.

Just keep in mind that you can't pigeonhole all Walgreens employees based on a bad experience with a few. We're not all the monsters you just made us out to be :)

Everywhere you go there will be at least one rude employee, most likely. But keep in mind, we deal with hundreds of rude customers a day as well. It goes both ways

"He pressed a call button and walked away without saying anything."

I bet he did.

"I asked the cashier what the manager's name was. It was Miss Mays. I walked around the entire store calling out her name."

You sound like a sketchy ***.

"I will never shop at Walgreens again for the remainder of my life and I will encourage my friends, family, co-workers and neighbors to stay away from Walgreens. I will also publish my story on as many internet websites as I can."

*** *** ***. Because your life must suck. :cry

to taylor Rome, Georgia, United States #580314

Hmmm, I bet you are referring to the location in Chattanooga, TN off of Rossville, BLVD.

As a Previous employee, I can say you are absolutely correct on your dictation of that manager.

brookly11206

I've just heard that a CVS near me has totally eliminated human cashiers and relies exclusively now on automated self-checkout. I am eager to try that out, since I already always use the self-checkout line at Home Depot.

I no longer shop at Walgreens in Johnson City TN because of their poor customer service. The cashiers are rude and unhelpful.

i work at a walgreens in CA we aren't even supposed to carry our phones except the managers and pharmacy manager i work in the pharmacy and yes it's true they are cutting our hours and they are controlling the A/C and also the body wash razors condoms pregnancy test and formula and more are locked up becuase they get stolen and we are soo *** we can't do nothing about so pretty much they cut employees hours and as i just said we give out less time to the customer but wow you were out there waiting that longs that really bad.. usually i'll run out and help the outside people cuz i have a key in the pharmacy

WhiskeyOnTheRocks

Go somewhere else... I work for walgreens, and the company is killing its self.

They are trying to cut costs by removing staff. Every store is now running on minimum staff. In many stores they have even limited the air conditioning.

Pssshhh... In stead of saving money they should be trying to make more money bye providing excellent customer service.

Della

I am voting with my patronage by going to another store that cares about my business. When enough people do this then Walgreen's will be replaced. Not soon enough for me though!

She probably acted like she didn't care abou your complaint because she didn't care about your complaint! As a Walgreens manager I hear that same complaint at least once a day and there just isn anything we can do about it.

There has to be enough complaints to corporate, not pissedconsumer.com for anything to change. Every store has a budget o hours and we can not go over. So there is one person workin in every department (if no one calls in) and a manager for the floor. Only problem with that is that managers are given so many other jobs on a daily basis and have to recieve all other customer service calls, deal with money,ect.

I always say there is a reason Walgreens pays assistant managers so much...because not many people would be willing to do the job. Also, the eye drops are locked because everyone steals them.

Same with formula, condoms, and razors. I am sorry you had to wAit so long for customer service but only one person has a key and probably had to deal with 30 other things in the 30 minutes you were there.

Accepting poor treatment from businesses is very "ghetto" - - which just about sums up the major problem with this store.

Such acceptance also goes against the purpose of this forum.

hectormolina